PDA

View Full Version : Nissan clear or Blackfire Crystal Sealant?

bova80
03-20-2012, 08:07 PM
So I detailed my fiancé's 2011 Black Nissan Rogue this past weekend with blackfire SRC polish and then a coat of blackfire crystal sealant.

After letting the sealant cure I went back with a microfiber and was just wiping down any high spots, well I noticed as I wiped some spots the microfiber looked like it was causing light scratches. So I switched to a different microfiber in case that was the problem and the same thing happened. Now is this scratching the coat of blackfire sealant or the clear coat?

I did a test spot with some polish on one of the scratches and it buffed out by hand so they are very light. Just trying to figure out if its the sealant or the clear coat. Nissan's have a soft clear don't they?

KneeDragr
03-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Polish, then IPA, then wipe with the MF. If it scratches, it's the paint. If not, it's the sealant. My guess us it's the paint. What MF towel are you using?

bova80
03-20-2012, 08:19 PM
green cobra detailing microfiber

bova80
03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
took your advice, pretty sure its the clear. so now I'll make sure to use less pressure when wiping down now. might look into some c-quartz to help protect it.