PDA

View Full Version : Business really picking up, should I invest?

Pages : [1] 2

shoeless89
03-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Hey guys, business is really picking up! I'm booked up for the next 2 months! I'm at a point where I want to start investing in some more tools. I've gotten a few requests for odor removal (mold and smoke). I don't know if I can justify an Ozone generator but I really don't know much about them at all. Also something I've had my eye on for a while is a VX 5000. How do the VX 5000 do with helping eliminate odors? I'm mobile so I only have so much room to work with right now. What tools do you guys find invaluable? Any recommendations on anything is welcome!

Thanks everyone!

Flannigan
03-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Check out DrivePur, it's being talked about a lot on another forum and sounds much safer and more effective than ozone machines.

Flash Gordon
03-20-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm in the market for an ozone machine as well. Look forward to hearing others responses

The VX 5000 IMO wouldn't do much for eliminating odors. Great for cleaning the mess, but not for removing the lingering odor of dog/cigarettes/mold IMO

Check out DrivePur, it's being talked about a lot on another forum and sounds much safer and more effective than ozone machines.

Hmmm, I'll have to check this out

Where is this thread you speak of?!?!?!?

Flash Gordon
03-20-2012, 11:17 AM
I think this thread needs a title change

I

M

O

Flannigan
03-20-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm in the market for an ozone machine as well. Look forward to hearing others responses

The VX 5000 IMO wouldn't do much for eliminating odors. Great for cleaning the mess, but not for removing the lingering odor of dog/cigarettes/mold IMO

Hmmm, I'll have to check this out

Where is this thread you speak of?!?!?!?
L2d, search DrivePur :dblthumb2:It was started by member DetailDan if that helps.

Flash Gordon
03-20-2012, 11:31 AM
L2d, search DrivePur :dblthumb2:It was started by member DetailDan if that helps.

It would help me more if you did all the leg work (search/provide link) http://www.3sgto.org/images/smilies/bawc/popcorn2.gif

shoeless89
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
How do I change the title then?

Flannigan
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
It would help me more if you did all the leg work (search/provide link) http://www.3sgto.org/images/smilies/bawc/popcorn2.gif
You have a PM :hungry:

Mobile detail
03-20-2012, 01:06 PM

Haha that's the flash we know and love!

FUNX650
03-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Depending upon your Business Plan:
It's always good to re-invest back into 'making your business grow'...
But you might also want to consider laying a few dollars back for the "slow times", and your retirement years.

:)

Bob

Gurge
03-20-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm constantly reinvesting in the business. I'm of the opinion that you need to spend money to make money

I invested in a vx5000 about a year ago and I would say it's paid for itself no question. If you're doing legit daily drivers, you will see some interior disasters. An extractor reigns supreme on carpets / fabric seats. But for everywhere else in the interior that gets dirty it can be a lifesaver. If its bad, the filth will be everywhere.

and it does a bang up job on fabrics just not as thorough as an extractor (although an extractor requires more drying time afterwards)

shoeless89
03-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Depending upon your Business Plan:
It's always good to re-invest back into 'making your business grow'...
But you might also want to consider laying a few dollars back for the "slow times", and your retirement years.

:)

Bob

Its not my full time job :) Hopefully I'll be a Linux System Administrator in about a week if I get hired with Logic Technologies Inc. I had 2 interviews with them last week. I also go to school full time and work a part time job.

I'm constantly reinvesting in the business. I'm of the opinion that you need to spend money to make money

I invested in a vx5000 about a year ago and I would say it's paid for itself no question. If you're doing legit daily drivers, you will see some interior disasters. An extractor reigns supreme on carpets / fabric seats. But for everywhere else in the interior that gets dirty it can be a lifesaver. If its bad, the filth will be everywhere.

and it does a bang up job on fabrics just not as thorough as an extractor (although an extractor requires more drying time afterwards)

I've already got a Mytee Lite II and it hasn't paid for it self by any stretch but I do love it. 98% of my work is daily drivers. As much as I want the new toy of a FLEX PE-150, I think a VX 5000 will be more useful :/

Cosmin
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Its not my full time job :)

to me it`s sounds that you are running for 2 rabbits and end up nowhere ....
so invest some time and decide what career is more important and where you can have profit and enjoy it.
if you invest in tools and working for that company , you may have chance to have a garage full of professional tools and no time for detail...

Flash Gordon
03-20-2012, 08:03 PM
How do I change the title then?

Ask a moderator

You have a PM :hungry:

Thanks buddy! Lots of useful info in that thread

Tell Dana Flash says hello

Haha that's the flash we know and love!

Thank you kind sir http://www.3sgto.org/images/smilies/bawc/salute.gif

shoeless89
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
to me it`s sounds that you are running for 2 rabbits and end up nowhere ....
so invest some time and decide what career is more important and where you can have profit and enjoy it.
if you invest in tools and working for that company , you may have chance to have a garage full of professional tools and no time for detail...

I'll probably never detail as my primary income. Its just my passion. I'm just looking to invest in tools to make my details turn out better and/or my job easier.