PDA

View Full Version : dp pad rejuvenator

nissanboy31
03-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Not even sure I spelled that right anywho, I purchased some of this so I could keep my waxing pads and my cobra towels clean. I put one scoop in with some water and after waiting about an hour my towels still have brown dirt marks on them. am I using this wrong? I am just using the dp in a bucket.

sparkie
03-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I've been using woolite or APC on my pads. Been thinking about getting some DP Pad rejuvenator.

On my towels, I use woolite, set on hot water in the washer.

MikeyC
03-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I've been using the DP Pad Rejuvinator on my foam buffing pads for quite a while now. It's great! :righton: My pads look like new. I just throw them in a bucket with the DP and some warm water and let them soak. Then I scrub them up a little with my hands and voila! They're like new.

Personally, I wash my towels in the washing machine. Just use a detergent without softerners or bleaches like Woolite and set the machine for warm or hot water. Then throw in a 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle. The vinegar makes the towels really soft and helps remove any remaining residue. The best way to deliver the vinegar is just to put it in a Downy ball.

Bobjones
03-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Yep another DP Pad Rejuvinatopr fan here. They come up well. Also when doing a large car and having two pads on the go, you soak one while using th eother, ringe it out with water, spin it on high on the PC and away you go. I also use the Pinnacle Mircofibre stuff in the wash with my clothes, seems to bring them back as good as new!!!

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 10:39 PM
I've been using woolite or APC on my pads. Been thinking about getting some DP Pad rejuvenator.

On my towels, I use woolite, set on hot water in the washer.

Do you use the APC in a bucket? And how much do you add? I might try this

nick19
03-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Do you use the APC in a bucket? And how much do you add? I might try this

I use it, 8:1.. and a bunch of other products. Either Meg's SD, or WG Pad Cleaner, APC or XMT cleaner...

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 10:44 PM
I gotta try this out :) thanks

nick19
03-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I gotta try this out :) thanks

I don't put them in buckets. I clean each individually with APC or Meg's SD, depending on if oxidation was removed, etc.

I clean MF with Micro-Restore, WG Pad Cleaner, and/or Woolite.

-Nick :cheers:

Whitethunder46
03-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Has anyone ever tried Folex on MF's or pads?

nick19
03-11-2007, 10:54 PM

Folex for cleaning MF? I've used it to remove stains from carpets.....

Whitethunder46
03-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Folex for cleaning MF? I've used it to remove stains from carpets.....

I was wondering about the larger stains that MF's tend to pick up over time. Many have been saying they use Woolite, and I thought Woolite and Folex were very similar, but of course I'm probably mistaking.

MikeyC
03-12-2007, 12:11 AM

I remember Richard (a/k/a OctaneGuy) over on Show Car Garage once posting that he uses "rug cleaner" to clean his pads. I don't think he said which one though.

orngez
03-12-2007, 03:19 AM
after washing my car...i usually mix up a batch of micro restore or pad cleaner in my wash bucket with whatever car soap is left over in it...and as i use towels and pads i just drop em into the bucket...when i'm done i throw everything into teh washing machine with some more micro restore and viola...clean towels and pads...