PDA

View Full Version : Is this Optimum Poli-Seal???

Pages : [1] 2

bl3ujay07
03-19-2012, 04:24 PM
So i decided to use the poli-seal i got from a trade. Im not putting down the person i traded with. I tested it on two different cars and got the same results. Blurry haze with very little if any correction. Extremely hard to remove haze. Hard even with ipa. I know poli-seal has gotten A LOT of great reviews as an AIO.

I've shaken it for a long time. First attempt was on a black car on LC cyan hydrotech. Pics below are with LC white flat. Comments and suggestions? Im thinking about throwing it out at this point or putting it up for trade if anyone wants.

First picture: Megs GC + APC+ wash and clay
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/bl3ujay07/DSC08712.jpg
Second picture: After "Poli-Seal"
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/bl3ujay07/DSC08713.jpg

bl3ujay07
03-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Going to use my mighty and trusty m205.

Setec Astronomy
03-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Cyan HT is NOT the appropriate pad...with the white you should be ok. The results you've gotten are not typical of my experience with the product, but you may be using way too much product--are you?

bl3ujay07
03-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Cyan HT is NOT the appropriate pad...with the white you should be ok. The results you've gotten are not typical of my experience with the product, but you may be using way too much product--are you?

Too much product? Primed the pad and then used it. Should i not prime the pad? Ill try it again with a different white pad and less product. Doing it right now. Multi tasking between ago and polishing.

Setec Astronomy
03-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Poli-Seal usually just kind of melts into the paint--so "hard-to-remove" residue really doen't sound right unless you are using a ton. Remember that with an AIO, they can gum up when you use a lot or the pad gets saturated.

bl3ujay07
03-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Poli-Seal usually just kind of melts into the paint--so "hard-to-remove" residue really doen't sound right unless you are using a ton. Remember that with an AIO, they can gum up when you use a lot or the pad gets saturated.

I've used d151 with no problem. Ill try using a lot less product to see. Will report back shortly.

bl3ujay07
03-19-2012, 05:01 PM
well, after another try, less product (3 lines), no haze, but very little correction. I thought it was suppose to be more aggressive than d151 (which is more aggressive than m205). I guess i will have to tape up to car and do m205.

Setec Astronomy
03-19-2012, 05:03 PM
I haven't used it a lot, but it doesn't do much correction for me (I find it to be more of a cleaner, like most AIO's). I think the newer version is supposed to have more cut, but I have had mine for a few years.

art72
03-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Newb here, but I was under the impression Opti-seal was merely a paint sealant, not a corrective step???

Haven't tried it yet, but I had planned to do M105, then M205, and follow by applying (*maybe 1oz at most) of Opti-seal as a paint sealant... am I misunderstanding the product/application as discussed here?

Thanks

Setec Astronomy
03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
art72, Opti-Seal is a different product than Poli-Seal, which the original poster is using.

Jeff120
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
well, after another try, less product (3 lines), no haze, but very little correction. I thought it was suppose to be more aggressive than d151 (which is more aggressive than m205). I guess i will have to tape up to car and do m205.

Poli seal has less correction then m205 and far less the d151. It will get rid for some minor marring. If you are looking for real correction, RIDS and swirl marks then you need a more aggressive polish. If you have m205 start there with your white pad.

silverfox
03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Finishing polishes are usually better for correction than AIO because AIO are like the jack of all trades... They do several things well, but nothing really great. You trade off correction ability, and protection for speed and quickness. They are usually ok for cars in already very good condition or on new cars to freshen them up twice a year. Optimum products wipe off very easily so I suspect overloading of pad with product.

art72
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
art72, Opti-Seal is a different product than Poli-Seal, which the original poster is using.

Thanks for clarifying, my bad. :bolt:

Setec Astronomy
03-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks for clarifying, my bad. :bolt:

It's ok, between Poli-Seal, Opti-Coat, Opti-Seal, Opti-Bond, Power Clean, Opti-Clean, etc., it all gets a little confusing.

Rav777
03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
I haven't tried the new Poli-Seal, but I do have several bottles of the old one. It works great as a cleaner wax for me. It has very minimal cut but you can mix it with Optimum Polish II for a little more bite.