PDA

View Full Version : Not a fan (Meguiar's Rinsefree Express Wash) trade?

IID
03-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Bought a gallon of the new Meg's D114,not a fan at all.Definetly like these others better.
Looking to trade my gallon(minus 4oz/124oz) and wiling to take far less,for 1/2gallon of ONR(V3) or BFWD/RW.

Please PM for a trade.

rwright
03-18-2012, 01:20 AM
What did you not like about it? It cleans just as well if not better than the other rinseless washes, just doesn't leave the surface slick or give a just waxed feel. What dilution ratio did you use it at? Heavy cleaning is 1oz/gal and light duty cleaning is like the others on the market, 1oz/2gal.

IID
03-18-2012, 02:05 AM
What did you not like about it? It cleans just as well if not better than the other rinseless washes, just doesn't leave the surface slick or give a just waxed feel. What dilution ratio did you use it at? Heavy cleaning is 1oz/gal and light duty cleaning is like the others on the market, 1oz/2gal.

I tried it on a lightly dirty/dusty Ford Exclursion using 4oz/5gallons of water(hence the 128oz -4oz)and experienced it does not dry as easy as others I normally use.Time is money.
It did clean well thou.

rwright
03-18-2012, 02:10 AM
That's weird Chris, I used it on my HHR a few times and have experience no drying issues. I even wash an entire side, dried with waffle weave and gently buffed with mf towel. My 2nd towel hardly even gets damp. Sorry it's not working out for you.

IID
03-18-2012, 02:15 AM
That's weird Chris, I used it on my HHR a few times and have experience no drying issues. I even wash an entire side, dried with waffle weave and gently buffed with mf towel. My 2nd towel hardly even gets damp. Sorry it's not working out for you.

Maybe had something to do with this customer using the local drive thru touchless(polished out this vehicle last fall and informed him how swirls occur)and using the "hot wax" option?

mg6045
03-18-2012, 07:47 AM
are you interested in splitting it up for sale ?

I bet more people would be interested in that.

If so, I would take 16oz's to try.

SRTSean
03-18-2012, 07:56 AM
I like this product a lot, but I also did find that it was not as easy to dry as ONR is (had to use twice as many towels). Maybe it had to do with using it at the aggressive ratio. I'd sill go back to using the D114 again though due to its cleaning abilities and how well it releases dirt from wash media.

MI Mike
03-18-2012, 09:00 AM
This is why a forum such as this is beneficial. You get the pros and cons about the product. I was going to try, but based on some of the feedback I will stick with ONR.
Though I am looking for some reviews, etc. about the Duragloss.

IID
03-18-2012, 09:40 AM
are you interested in splitting it up for sale ?

I bet more people would be interested in that.

If so, I would take 16oz's to try.
I would like to do that but if I only have one offer(you),then I'm still sitting on 108oz of it.Let this thread play out and if I can't find a trade,I'll just send you a sample.

I like this product a lot, but I also did find that it was not as easy to dry as ONR is (had to use twice as many towels). Maybe it had to do with using it at the aggressive ratio. I'd sill go back to using the D114 again though due to its cleaning abilities and how well it releases dirt from wash media.
Yes,it does clean and release dirt well.I never had an issue with DP,ONR,BF with their cleaning abilities and I use a black Opti-Mitt for my media so I'm not concerned with dirtying my wash media.I found too,I had to use more drying towels.
If I can't find a trade or sale,I'll just use it up.

This is why a forum such as this is beneficial. You get the pros and cons about the product. I was going to try, but based on some of the feedback I will stick with ONR.
Though I am looking for some reviews, etc. about the Duragloss.
Mike,I agree members feedback on products does help select which products would more fit to what's members are looking for.And I personally knew right away that this product is not for me.Not saying its a bad product.
I would think Duragloss RW is a good quality product but I have yet to try their version.

mamut
03-18-2012, 11:42 PM
I would like to try this product as well

WRAPT C5Z06
03-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Chris,

What were you expecting with this rinseless wash compared to the others? Is Meg's cheaper?