PDA

View Full Version : Again, disappointed in LAVA - willing to trade

Pages : [1] 2

CaneCharger
03-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Washed the Jeep after two weeks on having blacklight topped with Lava...No beading, looks ok...I even got some water etching from today's wash...

Came back and hit dodo red mist, shined up nice.

I had so much success with Dodo Juice products on my Mustang, I want to go back to all their products...

If someone has a pretty much full pot of Dodo Juice:
Blue Velvet Pro
Purple Haze Pro
or even Rainforest rub

I would trade my Lava...Maybe even throw in something else

KneeDragr
03-17-2012, 10:30 PM
I've got some supernatural hybrid if you are interested in that. Pretty much full also.

Flash Gordon
03-17-2012, 10:34 PM
I bought a gallon of "new wax" from my local guy that has little beading action :(

I would offer to trade you, but it would only lead to double disappointment :( :(

CaneCharger
03-17-2012, 10:35 PM
I've got some supernatural hybrid if you are interested in that. Pretty much full also.

Yeah, would be interested

mg6045
03-18-2012, 08:02 AM
I agree, i'm not very impressed with LAVA either. It reminds me of a paste version of there glaze's as far as looks , ease of use and most importantly durability.

I think its a nice product, but I expected more when I saw the pricetag and hype.

Flannigan
03-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear you guys don't like lava. I think it's a very cool product, that gives a look that is unique from other nubas and sealants. I will agree it's not amazing with the beading, but it sheets like crazy IME. I have driven in the rain and my car will be dry by the time I get home. It's a little different to apply than some other waxes, but nothing crazy IMO.

fenderpicks
03-18-2012, 02:22 PM
So glad this thread came up before i actually bought a jar of Lava lol

silverfox
03-18-2012, 02:52 PM
With age comes wisdom and one thing I've learned (and my wallet too) is that once you dial in a winning combo that works consistently you stick with it and ignore all the hype. Products like these work differently depending on a ton of variables all of which are different for everybody. What looks great on x may look like crap on y and z. Live and learn.

Flannigan
03-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Is everyone making sure they are following the directions when applying this product? It's important to let it haze on the paint for upwards of 20 minutes to make sure it bonds properly. Not doing that could affect it's beading and sheeting characteristics.

CaneCharger
03-18-2012, 03:38 PM
With age comes wisdom and one thing I've learned (and my wallet too) is that once you dial in a winning combo that works consistently you stick with it and ignore all the hype. Products like these work differently depending on a ton of variables all of which are different for everybody. What looks great on x may look like crap on y and z. Live and learn.

So true...I think I will just stick with Dodo Juice...

PA DETAILER
03-18-2012, 04:53 PM
cane, shoot that puppy with BF POLISH & SEAL, and get whiplash!

Vegas Transplant
03-19-2012, 05:03 PM
With age comes wisdom and one thing I've learned (and my wallet too) is that once you dial in a winning combo that works consistently you stick with it ... Live and learn.

Sage advice, indeed.

Kaban
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I got some Turtle Wax. In the dark green container. Platinum edition, the good kind. Container cap included. About 6 oz. left. Let me know.

Kaban
03-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Sorry to hear you guys don't like lava. I think it's a very cool product, that gives a look that is unique from other nubas and sealants. I will agree it's not amazing with the beading, but it sheets like crazy IME. I have driven in the rain and my car will be dry by the time I get home. It's a little different to apply than some other waxes, but nothing crazy IMO.

wouldnt you prefer sheeting over beading anyways? Beacause beading=water spots. Sheeting= no water spots.

Dr Oldz
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
I am very happy with Lava thus far. Unique look and the protection properties are just fine IME.