PDA

View Full Version : Detail Products for a newbie. Help?

Hack3rx
03-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I recently started reading on how to detail my black car because I can't take the swirl marks and other paint imperfections it may have. I been doing everything by hand but that doesn't cut it anymore. After much reading, I am now in the market for a PC. I've read that the PC 7424XP is the way to go for beginners like myself. Is this right? Will I be able to use it without damaging my paint even more. Another question I have is which products would you guys recommend I get to start off with? I've read that some products are stronger than others. I just need something to start with to remove swirl marks and give it that wet shine and also protect it(wax).

I hope what I posted above makes sense and I look forward to learning a lot more from this forum. Thanks in advance.

Hope I posted this in the right section :)

mjlinane
03-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Welcome to AGO!!

PCXP is a very good machine for learning. I have a Griots, too, but use both on most details.

As for pads and polishes, the Megs MF system is a lot of correction for small outlay - especially for a beginner.