PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Clear Coats

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-17-2012, 01:51 PM
I just inspected a future clients vehicle and it looked like it might have had a tinted clear added to it. I cant really say for sure as it is very cloudy today and I didnt have my Brinkman. It could have been just really neglected. Or I am just used to seeing my detailed Jet Black BMW's. Anyways is there any precautions that I should take note of if it is indeed cleared before I try and correct it? The vehice is an 08 3 series sedan with Black Saphire Metallic paint.

BobbyG
03-17-2012, 02:14 PM
It's common to see tinted clear coats. The clear coat on my 1999 Dodge Dakota is tinted right from the factory.

I would think since it's a 2008 BMW it would be very normal for it to be clear coated. It's difficult to tell for sure but I suspect it's been somewhat neglected.

Select one panel and once it's washed and clayed, do a test spot and see if it improves the finish then take it from there...

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-17-2012, 06:22 PM
The reason I ask is that the headlights and taillights have been tinted among other small details on the car. That is why I am wondering if the whole car was done or not.