PDA

View Full Version : Some observation regarding pps coating

kimtt
03-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I am running a car wash and detailing business and some customers have their car coated with pps and other popular coating brands. Upon checking on their paints I discovered a lot of weaknesses on the condition of their finishes. Most having severe water mark etching I believe is due to the bad environment with acid raining at the place here (I am from an industrial city in south east Asia). They are all regretted spending so much money on the coating and yet at the end it doesn't provides satisfactory protection. Some customers have their car poorly prep before applying coating and at the end it full of hologram.
As a conventional car detailer, what I can do to help restoring the pain? Do I need to strip down he coating and how? Can I just run a normal cutting and polishing for restoration?

Perfections
03-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Polishing the coating to remove the holograms will remove the coating. Then use opti coat and that will heal there pain.

kimtt
03-17-2012, 01:57 AM
I am not into this coating stuff. How to tell if the coating is removed completely? If not then is it ok to apply wax on top of the remaining coat?

BobbyG
03-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Unfortunately, the only way I know of to remove these coatings is compound and polish.

On a test spot, preferably flat, begin with something like Menzerna Power Gloss POS34A or Meguiar's M105 and buff, stopping periodically to check your progress. Since these are actual costings you should be able to see a fine line where the coatings been abraded and finish begins.

Another tell tale sign is when the defects beneath the coating are removed....