PDA

View Full Version : Long Lasting Tire *SPRAY*

KneeDragr
03-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Ive been using an Adams product for trim and tires on my daily driver, and the optimum gel for my Vette tires.

Ive been pretty happy using these until recently, I got new tires on my daily driver which have a detailed 'rib' type effect on the tread. Its very difficult to get an even application in that area by rubbing in a gel. Where as I used to spend 30 seconds per tire, now it literally takes 5 minutes per tire.

So I am looking for a spray that I can spray on and buff a bit and be done with it. The problem is that my experience in the past is that the spray products do not last very long, tend to fling, and are *gone* after driving in the rain. Both Optimum and Adams products would last several weeks and multiple rain drivings and still retain most of their darkening effect.

Can anyone recommend a tire spray product with that type of longevity?

SeaJay's
03-16-2012, 07:56 AM
I typically don't use spray tire shines because of the issues you listed above..plus the overspray issue when it's a bit windy.

I just got a sample of the Blackfire Total Eclipse Tire spray and it was pretty amazing. As for longevity I can't attest to that yet. I put it on yesterday. It rained last night and I drove it in and the tires still look great. But other than that I can't comment too much.

Setec Astronomy
03-16-2012, 08:08 AM
I've never used this, but hey, it's Polycharged: Four Star Ultimate Tire Protectant Spray Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/four-star-ultimate-tire-protectant-spray.html)

Another idea would be to go with that "permanent" tire shine that's sold elsewhere...you would still have to "applicate" it but at least it would last a few months (they say) so you would save time in the long run.

silverfox
03-16-2012, 08:12 AM
CarPro PERL

Matt S.
03-16-2012, 08:15 AM
If you don't mind a pump spray, I'd go with Meguiar's Endurance Spray.

ScubaCougr
03-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Megs Hyper Dressing in a spray bottle?

joebrock
03-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Another option. I use CG G6. Spray on MF application pad and apply. Spray direct on hard to reach areas. I use this on tires and trim. You can leave wet or buff off. It will be dry to the touch either way.

KneeDragr
03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I've never used this, but hey, it's Polycharged: Four Star Ultimate Tire Protectant Spray Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/four-star-ultimate-tire-protectant-spray.html)

I almost pulled the trigger on that yesterday but decided since I have not used it, getting 2 of them might turn into 2x the waste if I didnt like the results.

Im leaning towards buying 2 products for comparison purposes, likely the Blackfire spray, and Meguiars endurance.

Setec Astronomy
03-16-2012, 12:07 PM
I almost pulled the trigger on that yesterday but decided since I have not used it, getting 2 of them might turn into 2x the waste if I didnt like the results.

Well, since you'd be getting the second one for free, you can just give it to me if you don't like it...I actually didn't even notice that was on BOGO when I linked it, but I guess it will be gone shortly.

ArkayoDeetayo
03-16-2012, 12:54 PM
BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Shine, tire spray, tire dressing (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-tire-shine-128.html)

sal329
03-17-2012, 01:39 PM
I want to try the Four Star just never got around to buying it

Kaban
03-17-2012, 05:33 PM
the swissvax one is long lasting.