PDA

View Full Version : Plan B: Operation Wolfgang

HSJ
03-16-2012, 04:40 AM
Firstly, I must applaud autogeek for its excellent shipping. I placed my order on Friday and it arrived complete on Tuesday. Bravo! Meanwhile, I also placed an order with another detailing site for pc pads and as of this writing I have yet to receive the shipment. Guess who gets my future business?

Secondly, my Road King was just dyno tuned at the HD dealer on Tuesday. 92 hp/95 tq - not too shabby, I must say. The tq curve is flat as a table top. Anywho, I picked up the bike and about a mile down the road I look down and see big honkin' scratches on the gas tank. @#$%%^!!! I then have a few beers and curse my bad luck.

Fast forward to today. Still no pads from the other guy so my Camaro sits washed, clayed, and masked awaiting it's spa treatment. So, I grab some polishing compound and try to rub out the scratches on the bike. I knock down a fair amount by hand but the areas around the scratches became swirl city. @@#$$! I made it worse!

I reach for the PPE and massage it into the swirls. Like magic it's restored! So I go ahead with a full detail: Dawn bath, clay, PPE, and finally DGPS on the fenders, tank, and side covers. Holy Smokes I'm a believer! Awesome products that left my beloved Road King shining like a crazy diamond. Tomorrow after the sealant is cured I'm going to lay some Sauvoron down. If the pads STILL dont come in the Streetbob is next.

After seeing what the Wolfgang stuff did to my bike with a hand application, I really can't wait to see what it will do for my Camaro with a pc application. Better grab your Ray-Bans!

rider9195
03-16-2012, 05:43 AM
It sounds like that paint was pretty soft if you corrected it with PPE. But good to hear that you followed through and finished the job. :xyxthumbs:

HSJ
03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
I was quite surprised that PPE corrected it, too. Besides the polishing compound the PPE is the most aggressive product on my shelf (my shelf is actually quite bare lol) The HD finishes are quite soft.

I tried to post pix of before/after but the upload failed twice.