PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Wet diamond or CG Blacklight with V7?

Pages : [1] 2

david11g35
03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Autogeeks,

This is my very first post. I am looking for a new sealant I am undecided on which one. I narrowed it down to these two. From experience which one do you prefer? I will mostly just work on my own black infiniti g35

rider9195
03-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!

I love Blackfire Wet Diamond. It is very easy to apply and a little goes a long way. Now the wipe off is incredibly effortlessly.

I hear the Blacklight and V7 combo looks great as well. Probably can't go wrong with it.

mjlinane
03-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Welcome to AGO!!

Both are great but look a bit different. BF is very clear, slick and glossy. CG BL/V7 are a bit more carnauba like.

silverfox
03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Both options are winners. BFWD may give a bit more durability. Blacklight is easier to apply and looks great on black. It also has more uses. Blacklight does many things well. Can be used as AIO as it has fine abrasives. Can be used only as sealant or gloss enhancer and is great to use on door jams, under hood, etc. BFWD is a sealant only and leaves a slicker finish.

PPLd
03-15-2012, 08:04 PM
They are both quality products so you cant go wrong with either one.

If durability is desired, I believe 2 layers (or even 1) of BFWD would last longer than CG Blacklight + V7. (I dont think you can layer Blacklight effectively but you can try.)

BFWD has a chemical scent while CG BL has a grape scent.

Grifftech
03-15-2012, 08:14 PM
BFWD all the way, love it

kingjohn21
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Both options are winners. BFWD may give a bit more durability. Blacklight is easier to apply and looks great on black. It also has more uses. Blacklight does many things well. Can be used as AIO as it has fine abrasives. Can be used only as sealant or gloss enhancer and is great to use on door jams, under hood, etc. BFWD is a sealant only and leaves a slicker finish.

How can it be easier than bfwd? Is it wipe on wipe off?

Wheelzntoys
03-15-2012, 11:14 PM
BFWD, Midnight Sun with the Polymer spray on My G37 Slate Blue, check out the makeover Part 2.

sal329
03-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Blackfire for sure

fenderpicks
03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
One thing im confuse on about is...
Why is like EVERYONE in LOVE with BF...? *They r still manufacture by AG*
Same goes for Pinnacle and WG...
but u know most of the time u only hear people compliment about BF....

ArkayoDeetayo
03-16-2012, 12:49 PM
They are both quality products so you cant go wrong with either one.

If durability is desired, I believe 2 layers (or even 1) of BFWD would last longer than CG Blacklight + V7. (I dont think you can layer Blacklight effectively but you can try.)

BFWD has a chemical scent while CG BL has a grape scent.

I always thought Blacklight smelled more like BLUEBERRIES where as Meguiars glass cleaner smells like GRAPE and Meguiars endurance tire gel smells like GRAPE and PBOTG smells like CHERRYish fruity pebbles and Sonax Tire cleaner smells like hair SALONs and IRON X smells like the things they put in a fart bomb/stink bomb or those toys where its a flat bag but you step on it or sqeeze it to pop something inside and then it blows up bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger until it the bag cannot expand any bigger and bigger so it blows up and the smelly iron-x type smell comes out, and WG Deep Gloss sealant smells good, like Im the MAN

Rsurfer
03-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Because it's the bomb. Yes, AG owns the Blackfire formula. What about Pinnacle and Wolfgang?
One thing im confuse on about is...
Why is like EVERYONE in LOVE with BF...? *They r still manufacture by AG*
Same goes for Pinnacle and WG...
but u know most of the time u only hear people compliment about BF....

david11g35
03-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I decided i will just try both. :drool::drool::drool:

PPLd
03-17-2012, 05:51 AM
I always thought Blacklight smelled more like BLUEBERRIES where as Meguiars glass cleaner smells like GRAPE and Meguiars endurance tire gel smells like GRAPE and PBOTG smells like CHERRYish fruity pebbles and Sonax Tire cleaner smells like hair SALONs and IRON X smells like the things they put in a fart bomb/stink bomb or those toys where its a flat bag but you step on it or sqeeze it to pop something inside and then it blows up bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger until it the bag cannot expand any bigger and bigger so it blows up and the smelly iron-x type smell comes out, and WG Deep Gloss sealant smells good, like Im the MAN

LOL!
and PB Natty's RED smell so good one can apply some to his nose and everything will smell like strawberry!
:props:

Larry S
03-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I decided i will just try both. :drool::drool::drool:

Let us know how they work for you and which you prefer on your black car.

:xyxthumbs: