PDA

View Full Version : Educating or Spreading a Disease?!?!?!?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Flash Gordon
03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Is it fair to show someone you like (you know would never realize it on their own) that their clearcoat is "Jack'd Up"

?!?!?!?

Bates Detailing
03-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Im starting to think it is uncool to tell people unless they ask..... my first marriage failed cause of that :bolt:

J/K kind of lol.

rider9195
03-15-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't mention anything to my friends much. I would just tell them their swirls are very clean.

Flash Gordon
03-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Im starting to think it is uncool to tell people unless they ask..... my first marriage failed cause of that :bolt:

J/K kind of lol.

Its all about knowing the person I guess. Most ppl just don't really give a crap about their cars appearence. To many other things to worry about then that nonsense I guess?

Has the pollen hit you yet?!?!?!? Started here yesterday and its MURDER!!!

Kristopher1129
03-15-2012, 07:47 PM
I've tried doing that...they never get it, ha. I've been told I know too much for my own good, lol.

Bates Detailing
03-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Its all about knowing the person I guess. Most ppl just don't really give a crap about their cars appearence. To many other things to worry about then that nonsense I guess?

Been ridiculous - tagged a fleet that we do over the past few weeks and was actually tough to get off - very odd, hadn't seen that last year. Just went to weather.com and saw a pollen warning or something like that too lol. Sinus infections going around like crazy around here as well - linked? Probably.

Flash Gordon
03-15-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't mention anything to my friends much. I would just tell them their swirls are very clean.

I always try to change to subject

I hate trying to explain something to someone I know doesn't really even care. What a waste of time...

Flash Gordon
03-15-2012, 08:18 PM
I've tried doing that...they never get it, ha. I've been told I know too much for my own good, lol.

Thats been my expierence most times as well ^

Audi X2
03-15-2012, 08:47 PM
My friend just purchased a new Audi A4 that is bright red in color.
When he brought the car over to my house initially I thought it was in decent condition.
When I unleashed the trusty swirl finder things got ugly fast.
There are swirls and scratches all over the car and now yours truly is the man to make it right.

Flash Gordon
03-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Been ridiculous - tagged a fleet that we do over the past few weeks and was actually tough to get off - very odd, hadn't seen that last year. Just went to weather.com and saw a pollen warning or something like that too lol. Sinus infections going around like crazy around here as well - linked? Probably.

Sounds like a recipe for Booger Fest

Blackthorn One
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Is it fair to show someone you like (you know would never realize it on their own) that their clearcoat is "Jack'd Up"

?!?!?!?
I think it is beneficial to educate people about clearcoat failure from not waxing or sealing, because most people have no idea that their clear will flake off if they don't wax. As far as swirls, unless the person is really into their car, or is really rich, not much point.

Rix6
03-15-2012, 09:22 PM

Oh, man! The pollen hit hard last week! Left my black car outside and the next day saw that I really had bought a green car! :eek:

SeaJay's
03-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Most of my friends actually have asked me to inspect their cars. So, I give them my honest opinion after busting out my swirl finder light. Most of the time they could care less. Which is fine by me, I'm not driving it.

I usually get the "Oh wow I never noticed that before. We need to set something up so I can get that fixed." So, then I tell them my available appointments and it's "I'll get back to you.". Most of the time they never come and they just take it through a car wash. It is what it is!

Grifftech
03-16-2012, 08:59 AM
My friend just purchased a new Audi A4 that is bright red in color.
When he brought the car over to my house initially I thought it was in decent condition.
When I unleashed the trusty swirl finder things got ugly fast.
There are swirls and scratches all over the car and now yours truly is the man to make it right.

What is the "swirl finder" besides your eyes? :)

FUNX650
03-16-2012, 09:13 AM
"Just remember: There's a right way and a wrong way to do everything; and, the wrong way is to keep trying to make everybody else do it the right way"...M*A*S*H ~ Colonel Potter

:)

Bob