PDA

View Full Version : Carwash Soap In Bulk!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
03-10-2007, 04:50 PM
im currently useing a car wash soap i bought in a 5 gallon container. i was wondering how can you tell if its striping the wax? what do i have to look for in a carwash soap that doesnt strip exsisting wax off the paint?

Whitethunder46
03-10-2007, 04:53 PM
im currently useing a car wash soap i bought in a 5 gallon container. i was wondering how can you tell if its striping the wax? what do i have to look for in a carwash soap that doesnt strip exsisting wax off the paint?

First thing that popped into my head is how well the paint beeds after washing, and the following days after.
How slick is the paint when your finished?
Things such as that IMO.

What kind of soap is it?

ScottB
03-10-2007, 05:07 PM
slickness is main my objective point, if the slickness is reduced from waxing then likely it removed some/all wax. Beading is a double edged sword, some products contain beeswax (which helps bead) showing the illusion its still there and protecting . And some surfacants actually sheet water giving an illusion that wax is gone temporarily. Its truly a hard question to answer ....

trhland
03-10-2007, 05:16 PM
i bough t it from a high volume detailing outlet that sells to dealerships. you probably never heard of the company there out of ny topps all products.the only thing iv been buying from them is there carwash soap because its cheap 40 bucks for 5 galllons. all it says on the bucket is high concitrated carwash soap . it smells nice and its pretty foamy. im just worried if its a cheap soap that has harsh soaps and detegents in it that will strip my wax. everything else i buy form a/g and some other sites on the web.

Al-53
03-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Most Auto car wash soap is a high alkaline soap..reason is it's made to cut thru road grime...so it will probably cut into some of the sealant and wax..

after a wash the next day feel the paint..if it feels grabby ..then most likely its cut the sealant or wax...it may not remove it all..but will cut into into removing some..to me NXT is a harsh soap...it will remove wax..or at least weaken the layer on the paint..but cleans good...PH neutral soap is what you want to be gentle on the wax and sealant...

Al

trhland
03-10-2007, 05:28 PM
i think your right. i used to be a big fan of high volume pro products. do to there cheap prices. but after being a member of a/g ive learned that alot of the brands that car dealers uses is just cheap soaps and chemicals. and not for guys who are looking for perfect results. i think ill play it safe and use up what i have left for the rims and tires and look into some other name brand for the exterior . can you guys recommend a great soap? thanks.

orngez
03-10-2007, 05:32 PM
megs nxt wash is pretty good...works good in a foam gun...my car still feels slick after three washes...not to expensive either...

ScottB
03-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Poorboys Suds, Zaino Z7, and Duragloss would be my favorites. Pinnacle and Wolfgang rock but a little to expensive. Remember AG sells in bulk also.

Get microfiber towels and car care products at bulk prices in our bulk section! (http://www.autogeek.net/buyitinbulk.html)

trhland
03-10-2007, 05:37 PM
great ill have to try some!! thanks

ltoman
03-10-2007, 05:55 PM
duragloss - can't beat it for the money!

k20z3kid
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM
how is meguars gold class shampoo? does that stip wax? i surely hope not lol.

trhland
03-10-2007, 06:56 PM
how is meguars gold class shampoo? does that stip wax? i surely hope not lol.its funny you should mention that i just got back from autozone .i had some time before i go to the stripclub .BADABING!!friends batchlor party. im sure you guys heard of it .:D anyway so i ran out to pick up some soap and they had meguars gold class for 10 bucks and there deep cristals wash sopa for 5 bucks. both 64 ounce. so i went with the gold class it seemed thinker. so ill try it tomorrow on my truck !! looks like nice stuff .anyone have opinions on the gold class??

trhland
03-11-2007, 08:36 AM
update i tryed megs gold class soap .and i have to say this stuff is great!!! i think i found a new car wash soap to start useing. lots of suds very very slick real nice.way better then the bulk soap i have. just thought id share

supercharged
03-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Remember the saying - you get what you pay for. Conisdering 5 gallons for $40 it's probably like Megs Gold Class/Mothers California Gold car wash. Good enough for bulk detailing, but not to use on own cars. Why don't you try Poorboy's Super Slick and Suds, and compare it for yourself.

trhland
03-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Remember the saying - you get what you pay for. Conisdering 5 gallons for $40 it's probably like Megs Gold Class/Mothers California Gold car wash. Good enough for bulk detailing, but not to use on own cars. Why don't you try Poorboy's Super Slick and Suds, and compare it for yourself. no the 5 gal of soap i was useing is in no way as good as megs gold class. i found that ut this morning when i tryed it on my truck. the stuff is great. if iwas detailing for profit i wouoldnt use it i would uses a cheaper soap like the 5 gal of stuff i have now. how do you like gold class??.