PDA

View Full Version : Now that I am completely addicted to detailing I take longer to get ready than my wife!!

Pages : [1] 2

Grifftech
03-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Before we go anywhere I have to QD the car, clean up the rims, put some tire shine on and get her looking pristine. I just hope it rains soon so I can get a break, cause there is no way I am going out with the car looking like that! :)

Chris

Porsche Pilot
03-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the addiction. Unfortunately science has yet to find a cure! Open the wallet and let games begin.

"These cars are meant to be driven, not polished" - Dr. Ferdinand Porsche

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Before we go anywhere I have to QD the car, clean up the rims, put some tire shine on and get her looking pristine. I just hope it rains soon so I can get a break, cause there is no way I am going out with the car looking like that! :)

Chris

Wow. Every single time? Is this a DD?

fenderpicks
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
I know right....
Ever since i discovered AGO... im always hovering from here and there... trying to see what's new... what's on sale.. and spending tons of money even through i might never ever finish any of the bottles i purchase.... Since i only detail my own car....

And after a fresh detail i drove it out today morning to drop off my gf's car to be fixed at her dealership... i park my car outside for 10 mintues... and i see lawn mowers shooting freaking grass and what not with their blower and now my car is cover with sh@@!!et....

gewb
03-15-2012, 02:00 PM
You're half way there. You'll be almost there when you carry a full detail bag in the trunk, take the wife to the mall and you park in the lower 40 so you can get in the shade of the one tree standing, then tell her "Have a good time - I'll wait out here..." and proceed to do a rinseless wash, QD the few water spots, then add a coat of Fusion, wash the windows, QD the interior and prep the tires.

Don't ask how I know...

Regards,
GEWB

Setec Astronomy
03-15-2012, 02:03 PM
i park my car outside for 10 mintues... and i see lawn mowers shooting freaking grass and what not with their blower and now my car is cover with sh@@!!et

The worst is the guys with the rock-shooters...er...I mean weed-whackers. I really want to strangle the guy who thought of edging curbs and walks by turning the thing vertical because now they all do that and shoot the dirt and rocks out of there 50' out into the street while you are driving by!

Grifftech
03-15-2012, 02:03 PM
You're half way there. You'll be almost there when you carry a full detail bag in the trunk, take the wife to the mall and you park in the lower 40 so you can get in the shade of the one tree standing, then tell her "Have a good time - I'll wait out here..." and proceed to do a rinseless wash, QD the few water spots, then add a coat of Fusion, wash the windows, QD the interior and prep the tires.

Don't ask how I know...

Regards,
GEWB

Omg I have been thinking of a putting together a small detail bag with the stuff I need. I even had a fleeting moment of what it would take to have a converter from the car to run my DA polisher, lol!!!

Grifftech
03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow. Every single time? Is this a DD?

Yep this is my DD :)

Grifftech
03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Yep this is my DD :)

I am sure I will tone it down after awhile, but right now I am a cleaning addict!!

fenderpicks
03-15-2012, 02:06 PM
But man again... when it's a DD, theres only so much u can do lol....
It's going to be parked outside most of the time when ur at work... and who knows what's gonna happen....

But i just do the detailing because idk... it brings me happiness between me and my car LOL

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
You should get a beater to drive and let the Stang sit in the garage. That way you dont have to spend so much time QD and prepping the car everytime. How does the wife feel about all the time spent on the car and not her? Not trying to start a war. Just a curious question.

gewb
03-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Omg I have been thinking of a putting together a small detail bag with the stuff I need. I even had a fleeting moment of what it would take to have a converter from the car to run my DA polisher, lol!!!

That's why I posted "almost there" - I drew my line at the 12v polisher!

If I get time I'll take a pic of my bag that is in the trunk at all times...

Regards,
GEWB

Grifftech
03-15-2012, 02:16 PM
But man again... when it's a DD, theres only so much u can do lol....
It's going to be parked outside most of the time when ur at work... and who knows what's gonna happen....

But i just do the detailing because idk... it brings me happiness between me and my car LOL

I do it also cause it is relaxing to me and helps me to decompress from the day. Also I have quit drinking and it keeps me busy so I don't get bored and think about having a drink :)

But I will admit, kicking back with some cold ones and working on the car in this gorgeous weather we are having sounds sooooooo relaxing!!! :)

fenderpicks
03-15-2012, 02:21 PM
For some reason i like sitting out at my garage on my computer with my car next to me lol....

And as far as for the detailing bag... im not there yet....
But if i were to bring any equipments...
It will be a bag of mechanic tools, just in case of anything since my car is modded... and god know what might happen... maybe a hose will snap or something lol

Grifftech
03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
For some reason i like sitting out at my garage on my computer with my car next to me lol....

And as far as for the detailing bag... im not there yet....
But if i were to bring any equipments...
It will be a bag of mechanic tools, just in case of anything since my car is modded... and god know what might happen... maybe a hose will snap or something lol

I just need to put a hitch on my Mustang and tow a small detailing/tool trailer behind me :) :buffing: