PDA

View Full Version : Xpel-3M

rddmxmeth10
03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
I have been researching this for my father's new Sonata and hopefully my new Elantra. Anyone have any experience? I was looking at this site ClearMask Automotive Paint Protection And Headlight Protection Film - Auto Clear Bra - Scotchgard Protector - Headlight Covers (http://www.clearmask.com) and it seems they have a decent product. Anyone ever install it? Is it better to find a local pro?

FUNX650
03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
I have been researching this for my father's new Sonata and hopefully my new Elantra. Anyone have any experience? I was looking at this site ClearMask Automotive Paint Protection And Headlight Protection Film - Auto Clear Bra - Scotchgard Protector - Headlight Covers (http://www.clearmask.com) and it seems they have a decent product. Anyone ever install it? Is it better to find a local pro?

Many vendors have PPF that are supplied to them and manufactured under the 3M namesake/umbrella...such as VentureFilm. These "knock-offs", as I call them, are usually, IMO, inferior products.

Better to go with the actual 3M PPF...

Or, as I prefer...XPel!! (Next on my list: XPel's "self-healing" PPF)

A little more money upfront? Perhaps.

But PPF-choice may also depend upon one's expectations of its mil-thickness, 'type of poly-urethane', installion/removal-ease, warranty, and life-cycle.

:)

Bob

rddmxmeth10
03-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Many vendors have PPF that are supplied to them and manufactured under the 3M namesake/umbrella...such as VentureFilm. These "knock-offs", as I call them, are usually, IMO, inferior products.

Better to go with the actual 3M PPF...

Or, as I prefer...XPel!! (Next on my list: XPel's "self-healing" PPF)

A little more money upfront? Perhaps.

But PPF-choice may also depend upon one's expectations of its mil-thickness, 'type of poly-urethane', installion/removal-ease, warranty, and life-cycle.

:)

Bob

How easy are these to intall yourself?

I dont mind paying a couple more bucks for something that will last.

mwoolfso
03-15-2012, 01:59 PM
How easy are these to intall yourself?

I dont mind paying a couple more bucks for something that will last.

Like anything else, there is a level of skill required. If you are going to give it a try I would purchase some product and a test panel, then give it a go.