PDA

View Full Version : Xmt

Pages : [1] 2

FASTFRED
03-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Hi all,
I am using XMT #3 AND # 1 and they both dust up ! I was hoping that they did not. I am using LC pads orange & white :confused:
Thanks for your help,
Fred

Surfer
03-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Thought XMT wasn't supposed to dust? How much product did you use and did you prime the pads with anything (qd'er etc)?

orngez
03-10-2007, 03:51 PM
most polishes will dust up...you can minimize dusting by making sure you dont let your pad get to caked up with gunk and if you are new to polishing try working smaller areas at a time until you get used to breaking the polish down efficiently...

FASTFRED
03-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Thought XMT wasn't supposed to dust? How much product did you use and did you prime the pads with anything (qd'er etc)?

I used a quater size dabn and I did lightly prime the pads which are new by the way.

Fred

CalgaryDetail
03-10-2007, 04:17 PM
i find that xmt still dusts a little, i used to use it until i found optiimum, perhaps it might be an option, it seems to break down faster and dust less

ltoman
03-10-2007, 05:49 PM
i use exactly that. it does dust a little, but not badly.

BILL
03-10-2007, 06:36 PM

I had a little dusting at first with the P.C. then spritzed the pad with SHOWTIME and no more dust, same with my rotary......

Nica
03-10-2007, 06:48 PM
I get some dusting but nothing terrible, I do agree with orngez it helps to keep the pads clean.

ScottB
03-10-2007, 09:00 PM
1. Use Pad Conditioner for XMT
2. Dont use to much polish .. pad gets saturated and dusts as speed and drying is in place.
3. Use leaf blower and wipe with qd'er when all else fails
4. Be glad you didnt use Megs DACP, now thats dust !!

FloridaNative
03-10-2007, 09:04 PM
I find that the XMT 3 dusts some but I had absolutely no dust at all with the 2 or 1. Interesting.

BILL
03-11-2007, 07:26 AM
I find that the XMT 3 dusts some but I had absolutely no dust at all with the 2 or 1. Interesting.

G:):) d morning my dear.....how are you??

i think the #3 dust more because of a courser grade???

BILL
03-11-2007, 07:34 AM
2. Dont use to much polish .. pad gets saturated and dusts as speed and drying is in place.

Showtime works also, but maybe XMT pad conditioner works better??

supercharged
03-11-2007, 08:51 AM

:iagree: :iagree:
If you think XMT dusts, try Megs, and you will see much more dust.;)

MikeyC
03-11-2007, 04:58 PM

I had the same experience with XMT. A teeny tiny bit of dust with #3, but no dust with #2 or #1.

Maybe the OP is buffing the polish too long? Try just working the polish until it turns clear.

orngez
03-11-2007, 05:04 PM
most polishes that have more cut to them will always dust more...more abrasives that are not as refined generate more dust...and yes...you really want to see dust use some of the megs line...only time i;ve every had to wear a mask while polishing and goggles to keep dust out of my contacts...