PDA

View Full Version : NEW Video - Car Carpet Cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

SuperiorAutoLLC
03-14-2012, 09:30 PM
We just posted this video a few weeks ago on YouTube, on Facebook, and on our website. So far the response has been pretty good and more and more phone calls are coming in due to people seeing the videos online. Let us know what you think!Feed back please

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdOQYmYkYhc]How To Clean Car Carpets - YouTube[/video]

Hoytman
03-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Couple of comments from a newbie observer.

1. You forgot to clean the binding.

2. At 8 minutes in, the narrator explained that the tech deemed one spot to be cleaned again. If you watch closely, while listening closely, the narrator says the tech will again use the foam and then the gel...

...apparently the tech didn't know he was supposed to use the gel a second time because he didn't apply it, as the narrator described.

As they say, it's all in the details.

SuperiorAutoLLC
03-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Bill,

Thanks for the feedback; it was our first video so we appreciate the constructive criticism.

Bates Detailing
03-14-2012, 09:53 PM
That was a very well made and professional video - :dblthumb2: Impressive in my book - good job man.

MirandaAutoSpa
03-14-2012, 10:01 PM
NICE VIDEO!!!
I love that feeling when the extractor pulls the dirt and water from the carpet. So fulfilling! And then it looks new again. Love that!

Kristopher1129
03-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Not trying to rain on your parade, as that was a job well done. You brought that floor mat back to life for sure.

But, you could have gotten that done in less than half the time with a pressure washer.

On a mat that bad, I put something on like your "gel", blast it with the pressure washer quickly to wet the mat, and foam it up. Scrub with a brush, and pressure wash. It's basically the same steps...but MUCH less labor involved.

Either way, great video and I'm sure that will bring you much business.

SuperiorAutoLLC
03-14-2012, 10:27 PM
I've used a pressure washer on mats a few times, and yes, they work really well. Because my business is solely focused on interiors, I just stick with a few extractors (Aztec Hot Rod and Mytee HP60) to get the job done.

Thanks for your comments!

Kristopher1129
03-14-2012, 10:53 PM
I've used a pressure washer on mats a few times, and yes, they work really well. Because my business is solely focused on interiors, I just stick with a few extractors (Aztec Hot Rod and Mytee HP60) to get the job done.

Thanks for your comments!

Do you only do interiors?

How do you like the HP60, I'm thinking about buying that sometime in the spring. I have the Aztec, and a Mytee Lite II. I can't stand the Aztec!

Hoytman
03-14-2012, 10:56 PM
I thought the production was great, just needed to tweak the things I mentioned. Of course that's up to you.

I like the fact the process was slow (actually not slow, but rather at a good speed) so people could watch it and be able to process what's being said, which is how I caught the gel thing. So, that's a plus. Good, clear, "just right" speed of narration.

I guess you're doing this to show to customers perhaps? If so, you may want to forego asking a customer to leave the window down to finish airing out the car. In my book, if I pay a detailer to detail my car I want it returned dry. I'm human and I may forget to follow the instructions of my detailer. Just too much chance to take of mold and mildew issues. I could see it if you were mobile, but having a shop makes it too easy to just keep the car until it's dry.

Some more comments. No more, no less. Certainly not trying to be overly negative, simply mentioning points that I think are worth you addressing.

You wouldn't believe the links I've clicked on from members here that have their own website with multiple, and simple mistakes in descriptions. It's a simple matter in fixing those mistakes by doing as you have done in asking for people to take a look. We all overlook mistakes in work we have done, especially with regard to videos, or descriptions on a web page. It's hard to edit your own work because you know what you're trying to say and our mind says words (we hear ourselves read) while we are reading that our eyes do not see. It's sort of like thsoe trikc wodrs adn setnceses poeple try to eus two show us waht uor mind can see adn waht our eyes dot'n.

Edse30
03-14-2012, 11:32 PM
I thought the production was great, just needed to tweak the things I mentioned. Of course that's up to you.

I like the fact the process was slow (actually not slow, but rather at a good speed) so people could watch it and be able to process what's being said, which is how I caught the gel thing. So, that's a plus. Good, clear, "just right" speed of narration.

I guess you're doing this to show to customers perhaps? If so, you may want to forego asking a customer to leave the window down to finish airing out the car. In my book, if I pay a detailer to detail my car I want it returned dry. I'm human and I may forget to follow the instructions of my detailer. Just too much chance to take of mold and mildew issues. I could see it if you were mobile, but having a shop makes it too easy to just keep the car until it's dry.

Some more comments. No more, no less. Certainly not trying to be overly negative, simply mentioning points that I think are worth you addressing.

You wouldn't believe the links I've clicked on from members here that have their own website with multiple, and simple mistakes in descriptions. It's a simple matter in fixing those mistakes by doing as you have done in asking for people to take a look. We all overlook mistakes in work we have done, especially with regard to videos, or descriptions on a web page. It's hard to edit your own work because you know what you're trying to say and our mind says words (we hear ourselves read) while we are reading that our eyes do not see. It's sort of like thsoe trikc wodrs adn setnceses poeple try to eus two show us waht uor mind can see adn waht our eyes dot'n.

Taht's nuckin futs!

SuperiorAutoLLC
03-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Do you only do interiors?

How do you like the HP60, I'm thinking about buying that sometime in the spring. I have the Aztec, and a Mytee Lite II. I can't stand the Aztec!

Yes, I only do interiors. There is so much competition in my area that it isn't worth offering exterior services as well. Most people who call me know exactly what they're looking for, like needing a mess cleaned up, because they're trading in their car, after their sunroof or soft top leaks, etc. I've noticed that so many detailers in my area focus too much on exteriors, and that there's just not enough concentrated interior detailers out there. I do very well and don't really lose much business due to not offering exterior services.

Now on to the HP60: every time I use this machine I become more and more impressed with the results. I too had an Aztec. That thing only has a 60psi pump, which is nothing. The HP60 has a 120psi. The water lift on the HP60 is significantly larger, making the unit a lot more powerful. My favorite feature is the dual inline water heaters; as you probably know, the Aztec takes about 25 minutes to heat up; my HP60 heats the water in four (4), yes FOUR, minutes. With the Aztec you have to wait for the tank of water to heat up, then the water loses heat as it moves through the line. The Mytee heats the water as it travels through the line; in other words, the water in the tank is normal temperature but heats up as you pull the trigger. That alone saves me so much time when I'm working. It was worth absolutely EVERY PENNY; message me if you'd like more details.

SuperiorAutoLLC
03-16-2012, 05:49 PM

Thanks again Bill, I appreciate those comments. In regards to the video speed, I fast forwarded the agitation a bit because I too have seen other super slooooooooow videos that are way too long.

I am in fact a mobile unit, and reminding customers to leave their windows down for a while is something I never overlook. Who wants mold in a clean car? Haha. It's also printed at the bottom of my invoices as a reminder.

As for the websites, I too agree with you in that some people have way too many errors, whether they be grammatical, syntactical or whatnot. Please feel free to review mine and message me your comments.

Thanks again for the feedback!

RaskyR1
03-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Nice well made video that illustrates how you'd clean the interior of a vehicle. I do agree that the pressure washer is more effective for floor mats, but I understand your reason for using the floor mat in the video. ;)

One thing you may want to touch one in the video is the importance of a de-foamer in your extraction solution. Without it, high foaming cleaners can damage the extractors.

Thanks for sharing! My new Mytee 8070 arrives on Tuesday. :)

Rasky

oldmodman
03-16-2012, 08:29 PM
What product is the little tube of gel that was used to remove the gum from the carpet?

It seemed to do a good job without being such a strong solvent that it dissolved the color out of the carpet at the same time.

alko
03-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Excellent video!!! Very nicely done!!