PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Products?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Rsurfer
09-15-2015, 09:48 PM
I agree with others, Chemical Guys customer service is horrible. I sent them two emails about an issue I have and two weeks later, no response. I'll buy my detailing products elsewhere.

Best customer service on the planet..right here.:props:

L67James
10-24-2015, 04:57 PM
You really need to have a crack with their products to see what works for you. For example, I LOVE their orange hex pads with V36 polish as a one step, but V32/4 sucks. All trial and error.

FYI, my likes/dislikes:

Like:
- V36
- Orange Hex pad
- VRP dressing
- Hybrid V7 (game changer for me)
- JetSeal (it's "pretty good", but not amazing)

Dislike:

- Instawax (messiest c**p I've ever used, but it does work well as a wax, and removes very easily)
- V32/4 (just didn't work for me, plus the bottles have a tendency to "spurt"polish everywhere)

On the fence:
- hex pads (they work quite well and clean up well, but degrade quickly)

dlc95
11-19-2015, 12:10 AM
I had the issues with them cleared up... It was quite the struggle though.

Yeah, I got hooked on the green and blue hex logic pads, but fortunately, they're made by Buff and Shine. I have a pad design idea that I want to throw at them for my personal use with those foam compositions. I like to have the option of a variegated, and a flat pad surface.

I also absolutely love their pad cleaner..

Ricorocks
11-19-2015, 12:43 AM
I'm really not as knowledgeable, as some here, & this is the place to be educated:

My experience with CG (perhaps 2 yrs), some products good & some very poor:

Dealing with customer support is a nightmare:

I bought a hose end "spray washer" after watching the very enticing video. 1st time using, product was defective, as it sprayed water, mostly on me. Call CG, & please wait, no action, call again "we will get back to you", nothing, call again your "time limit for return has expired. Letters to upper mgt, ignored. What finally got me a hose end "washer" was threat to complain to: BBB. This process took 3 months & honestly the product I got was definitely previously used.

Plus side - I previously only used Meg. Gold Class Soap, for my 2 bucket wash. CG's Citrus Wash is great shine & strip. Honeydew soap is great, likewise Glossworkz top notch. Jet seal, black wax, better shop AG's products.

I was thoroughly indoctrinated with CG, & forum member, & skeptical when entertaining PBMG products, but now, will not buy or post at CG. I really liked & believed, there (skinny Hispanic looking, video star), this guy, was truly OSCAR caliber. He, immediately caused a kinship or brotherhood, making products believable & desirable.

For me: Mike & PBMG are a safe haven!

HateSwirls
11-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Love , love,love their Inner Clean

Doesn't leave an oily feel.
Smells great
Good price when buying it by the gallon.

dlc95
11-19-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm really not as knowledgeable, as some here, & this is the place to be educated:

My experience with CG (perhaps 2 yrs), some products good & some very poor:

Dealing with customer support is a nightmare:

I bought a hose end "spray washer" after watching the very enticing video. 1st time using, product was defective, as it sprayed water, mostly on me. Call CG, & please wait, no action, call again "we will get back to you", nothing, call again your "time limit for return has expired. Letters to upper mgt, ignored. What finally got me a hose end "washer" was threat to complain to: BBB. This process took 3 months & honestly the product I got was definitely previously used.

Plus side - I previously only used Meg. Gold Class Soap, for my 2 bucket wash. CG's Citrus Wash is great shine & strip. Honeydew soap is great, likewise Glossworkz top notch. Jet seal, black wax, better shop AG's products.

I was thoroughly indoctrinated with CG, & forum member, & skeptical when entertaining PBMG products, but now, will not buy or post at CG. I really liked & believed, there (skinny Hispanic looking, video star), this guy, was truly OSCAR caliber. He, immediately caused a kinship or brotherhood, making products believable & desirable.

For me: Mike & PBMG are a safe haven!

Wow, I never thought about the BBB....

They told me the same thing about the replacement period. They had sent me four pads, very clearly not made by Buff and Shine, and the backings failed after one use/wash. It was very frustrating especially considering the great lick I had with the pads in the past. I've never encountered a company that was so indifferent to their customers.

KirkH
12-18-2016, 03:11 PM
I've had great customer service with CG, but I am a high volume, wholesale buyer so I'm sure they want to keep me happy.

I love most of their products but I also love Optimum, Nextzett and Sonax! I'm not a shill but here's what I like:

Carbon Flex C9 Trim Coating is expensive but it us the BOMB!
Carnauba Crème Wax is economical and lasts pretty well.
InstaWax is my go to for my wash & Quick Wax customers.
Speed Wipe quick detailer leaves nothing behind after wiping.
VRP is the shiniest vinyl, rubber, plastic protectant I have found.

DetailTrail
12-24-2016, 04:05 AM
I've had great customer service with CG, but I am a high volume, wholesale buyer so I'm sure they want to keep me happy.

I love most of their products but I also love Optimum, Nextzett and Sonax! I'm not a shill but here's what I like:

Carbon Flex C9 Trim Coating is expensive but it us the BOMB!
Carnauba Crème Wax is economical and lasts pretty well.
InstaWax is my go to for my wash & Quick Wax customers.
Speed Wipe quick detailer leaves nothing behind after wiping.
VRP is the shiniest vinyl, rubber, plastic protectant I have found.

If you don't mind I have a question about a CG product that I'm planning on using : White Light Radiant Finish
Can't find much info, and thinking about trying on a Red metal flake finish, trying to brighten the finish, so
I won't be using Blacklight which may deepen or darken.
Any opinion is welcomed. Thanx

KirkH
12-24-2016, 04:17 AM
White Light is a glaze so it has some fillers to fill swirls. You will want to follow that with Jet Seal and then Pete's 53 wax. Your other options are Wet Mirror Finish or GlossWorkz depending on how much filler you want. Gloosworz has the most , followed by White Light, then Wet Mirror. I like Wet Mirror if you dont have much swirls. I have used Black Light on my grey metallic and all my black vehicles and it looks great so Im sure White Light will too.

I think carnauba wax deepens colors and synthetic wax makes metallics pop more. Maybe go with a synthtic wax on top of Jet Seal like 3M Synthetic Wax Protectant. Thats my secret recipe for metallics!

briarpatch
12-24-2016, 10:09 AM
White Light is a glaze so it has some fillers to fill swirls. You will want to follow that with Jet Seal and then Pete's 53 wax. Your other options are Wet Mirror Finish or GlossWorkz depending on how much filler you want. Gloosworz has the most , followed by White Light, then Wet Mirror. I like Wet Mirror if you dont have much swirls. I have used Black Light on my grey metallic and all my black vehicles and it looks great so Im sure White Light will too.

I think carnauba wax deepens colors and synthetic wax makes metallics pop more. Maybe go with a synthtic wax on top of Jet Seal like 3M Synthetic Wax Protectant. Thats my secret recipe for metallics!

I've seen the Petes 53 + JetSeal combo on black paint.....very impressive

tenblade2001
12-24-2016, 03:53 PM
CG does a graet job appealing to and targeting newbies. Their soaps and glazes work well but their polishes (v38 etc) leave someting to be desired. Their sealants are weak IMO (not a long life span). There are much better products out there for less money.

tenblade2001
12-24-2016, 03:57 PM
The Good:
(1) Innerclean
(2) Glossworks glaze
(3) V07 (as a topper...sucks as a sealant)
(4) Citrus wash and gloss, honeydew soaps
(5) V4..their AIO is good on head and tailights that need minor correstion

-the rest, especially their MFT (they won't even tell you what GSM they are) are a waste of money

KirkH
12-24-2016, 08:46 PM
I would agree that they do a great job marketing to consumers. But thats not a bad thing. I have customers who are impressed that I use some CG products.

I agree the polishes don't work. I like Meguiar's and Optimum.

Their soaps are really good.

Their MFTs are just resold The Rag Company towels. TRC has great towels.

I like: Carnauba Creme Wax and InstaWax.

C9 Carbon Flex trim coating but it is $$$

Diablo Wheel and Tire Gel

Pete's 53 wax

VRP- vinyl rubber plastic dressing

Fabric Clean carpet shampoo

Customer service- theyve been great to me

Dislikes:

Air fresheners- water based dont last long

Polishes- dont give me good results

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

CarolinasFinestDetailing
12-24-2016, 09:15 PM
I've seen the Petes 53 + JetSeal combo on black paint.....very impressive

Back in my day of using old school sealants and waxes....this was my absolute favorite combo; especially after a paint correction.

dlc95
12-24-2016, 09:36 PM
The Good:
(1) Innerclean
(2) Glossworks glaze
(3) V07 (as a topper...sucks as a sealant)
(4) Citrus wash and gloss, honeydew soaps
(5) V4..their AIO is good on head and tailights that need minor correstion

-the rest, especially their MFT (they won't even tell you what GSM they are) are a waste of money

I had bought a bunch of their pad cleaner.

I actually love that stuff...