PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Products?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

custmsprty
10-04-2014, 12:13 AM
CG Pete's 53 and 50/50 are exceptional waxes. Celeste D, not so much, especially for the money.

tenblade2001
10-04-2014, 01:08 AM
I use a lot of CG products and most of them work very well. The Ecosmart streaked too much for me though. I use Infinite Use Detail Juice religiously thouigh. Does so many things very well - for me at least.
are you using the detail juice as waterless wash or quick detailer?

Mach1USMC
10-04-2014, 02:19 AM
are you using the detail juice as waterless wash or quick detailer?

I use it for both. Rinseless I use 2 cap fulls, and one cap full for QT.

MPBGT
04-02-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm a fan of Chemical Guys, I buy them through AGO and at the Rec. Of people on the forum. I've used their washes, protectants, waterless washes and detailers. The only product I was not a fan of was the Fabric Protector.
Their new place is pretty impressive lots of cool stuff to see and their back shop is top notch. Next on the list is to try the Jet Seal I just got. Just in time for my DD correction after the Chicago winter.

tenblade2001
04-02-2015, 04:56 PM
The MF towels are GARBAGE. I'm just mad it took so long for me to find better ones.

Loonysup
04-02-2015, 05:19 PM
The MF towels are GARBAGE. I'm just mad it took so long for me to find better ones.

Whose towels are you using now and which ones in particular (so many choices)?

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenblade2001
04-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Whose towels are you using now and which ones in particular (so many choices)?

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rag Company and Microfibertech.
530 or 600 gsm for rinseless wash
530 (can use 360 as well) for AIO, glaze, LSP removal or waterless wash
530 for QD, spray wax, or LSP "buffing"

CG won't even tell you what gsm the towels are. They just throw out a bunch of adjectives (" the super fab, super duper plush, extremo badass towel to end all towels b/c it does EVERYTHING"). I posted a thread in their forum asking for gsm rating and not one reply from an admin.:(

Mask
04-02-2015, 10:45 PM
i saw they offer "Happy Ending" towels...
initial impression was cinderalla, and they live happily ever after...
nice name :p

VISITOR
04-02-2015, 11:41 PM
i saw they offer "Happy Ending" towels...
initial impression was cinderalla, and they live happily ever after...
nice name :p

all or most all those towels from cg's can be found for less at stocktowelsnowdotcom... ;)

Mask
04-02-2015, 11:44 PM
all or most all those towels from cg's can be found for less at stocktowelsnowdotcom... ;)

Thank you :D

d33p
04-02-2015, 11:49 PM
The happy ending towel are made in Korea and look just like the edgeless towels from Rag Company.

tenblade2001
04-03-2015, 07:49 AM
The happy ending towel are made in Korea and look just like the edgeless towels from Rag Company.

Really? b/c the "workhorse", "professional grade", and the other (something with a cool adjective in the name) are all Chinese and no gsm rating. There's no mention of gsm rating or country of origin in the "Happy Ending" description. OOOOOOH, but they are "specially cut with industrial lasers" WOW:props:

Bricklin
04-03-2015, 10:36 AM

Considering I have a lot of the 70/30 Korean Edgeless from TRC and the 80/20 Korean Edgeless from MFT, these new CG towels look similar and they do say that they are a 70/30 blend. Still not sure what the GSM is, though, as CG never seems to list that info.

What they don't state anywhere on the product page is whether they're made in Korea or somewhere else, and considering I've been buying these other Korean edgeless for years and both places have the lowest prices around, I really don't think CG, a detailing products company, is going to come in and undercut those other two when their entire job is just to sell towels at low prices.

Basically, what I'm getting at is this Happy Ending towel has to be Chinese for the pricing to make sense...CG has to get their margin in somehow.

Plus, I saw a couple days ago that TRC did a price drop on everything in their store, so for my quality Korean stuff I'm still going to stick with them and MFT no matter how much CG tries to hype a towel.

For those who don't know, it is possible to get 70/30 blend from China, it's just extremely uncommon, but if you check MFT's site they've got some.

tenblade2001
04-03-2015, 11:23 AM
I have some Chinese, 70/30 480 or 500 gsm towels and I've been happy with them. So I'm not knocking Chinese towels, I'm knocking over hyped towels that over promise and under deliver. :)

Mask
04-03-2015, 11:48 AM
I saw some edgeless towel in blue in a friend shop. Felt the same as zaino borderless blond fluffy but thinner.
Use it for spray sealant wipe down, works better & lint free :p