PDA

View Full Version : Dog hair removal

rscpa
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
I have vaccumed our 03 Expedition and tried repeatedly over the years to remove the Boxer dog hairs with no luck. It is completely integrated into the carepet and backs of seats.... what products, brushes or procedures do you recommend for this?? I have tried to tell the wife to not take the dog everywhere, but that falls on deaf ears....

Thank you for all of the help....

:o

ltoman
03-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I know Justin posted a great idea on this, but it did not apply and I can't recall.....
One of my buddies uses a big lint roller, or tape - you know, packing tape. I thought Justin said something about using Bounce - I could be wrong. Someone else will chime in with the right answer.
I hate that long do hair. Our Papillion, Mollie - leaves it on everyone's black pants!!!
Good luck!
Lauren

Nuke33
03-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Deff read justins post!

rscpa
03-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Sorry, did a search for dog hair removal, should have used "pet hair" and exactly what I was looking for!!!:cool:

trhland
03-10-2007, 04:29 PM
they sell this brush it has rubber nipples on it its mad e just for removing pet hair .im not sure if a/g offers it but ive seen it at other detail sites. im going to buy one soon and try it out

ltoman
03-10-2007, 05:48 PM
they sell this brush it has rubber nipples on it its mad e just for removing pet hair .im not sure if a/g offers it but ive seen it at other detail sites. im going to buy one soon and try it out
samantha, i think you and tom just like nipples...............:D :applause:

trhland
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
samantha, i think you and tom just like nipples...............:D :applause: we do!!:D :D

Totoland Mach
03-10-2007, 06:59 PM
samantha, i think you and tom just like nipples...............:D :applause:

heck....add me to that list! LOL

I use that rubber brush, plus a ton of shop vac time, plus one of those lint rollers.

We have a rescued pitbull (short tan hair) and a black lab (medium black hair). I swear I could save the stuff from our Pathfinder and weave a nice coat.

Also, if there are any tough spots in the car for pet hair, take a piece of duct tape and reverse wrap it around your hand (sticky side out) and dab the area several times...works like a champ.

Toto

trhland
03-10-2007, 07:07 PM
heck....add me to that list! LOL

I use that rubber brush, plus a ton of shop vac time, plus one of those lint rollers.

We have a rescued pitbull (short tan hair) and a black lab (medium black hair). I swear I could save the stuff from our Pathfinder and weave a nice coat.

Also, if there are any tough spots in the car for pet hair, take a piece of duct tape and reverse wrap it around your hand (sticky side out) and dab the area several times...works like a champ.

Totoyou know what works in a pinch take a microfiber towel and roll it up and wipe the seats with it it works pretty good not bad for a quick job

Jimmie
03-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I know Justin posted a great idea on this, but it did not apply and I can't recall.....
One of my buddies uses a big lint roller, or tape - you know, packing tape. I thought Justin said something about using Bounce - I could be wrong. Someone else will chime in with the right answer.
I hate that long do hair. Our Papillion, Mollie - leaves it on everyone's black pants!!!
Good luck!
Lauren

Pretty sure Justin used "Snuggle Fabric Softener", but I don't remember the dilution ratio. He sprayed the carpets and then was able to rake up the hair by hand (rubber glove). I have the rubber brush and would give it a 3.5/5 rating. It's a lot of work.