PDA

View Full Version : Rim Repair

prioritymobile
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Does anyone think this if a profitable add on ? im sure your major marketing strategy would be to dealerships and lease returns ? im just wondering if i should invest the training into this area ?

Flash Gordon
03-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Does anyone think this if a profitable add on ? im sure your major marketing strategy would be to dealerships and lease returns ? im just wondering if i should invest the training into this area ?

Does anyone else offer this service in your area?

Tundra_10
03-14-2012, 07:34 PM
I would think anything with low overhead and minimal running costs would be a good addition. However, what is the trade of $/labor hrs you can charge for wheel repair vs detailing? Would it still be worth it? What additional tools do you need to buy and will your vehicle support those along with your detailing tools? What kind of additional insurance will you need? School is probably going to be expensive (guessing around 10k (totally a wild guess)) what or how much work would it take for break even and is it worth floating that cash for the % of profit you will be making vs investing more into your mobile business (ie carpet extractor for faster easier interior work, pressure washer or blower for exterior, etc) to make yourself more efficient and more profitable with time vs labor

I think creativity is very important with business ownership however as I have said once before [in a different thread], I would stick with one thing and be the best at it. Diversifying may increase your client-base, however it might also take away the validity of your company to others because they see you have a broad range of services vs specializing in just one. Psychology can be a funny thing and be mean and nasty.

prioritymobile
03-15-2012, 06:30 PM
@flash ! i believe theres a few companies in my area doing this service but i live in a large city and theres alot of cars here. also plenty of dealerships

Flash Gordon
03-15-2012, 07:10 PM
@flash ! i believe theres a few companies in my area doing this service but i live in a large city and theres alot of cars here. also plenty of dealerships

Thats a good sign

How much does training cost and what equiptment does it entail?

I see messed up wheels all the time

swanicyouth
03-16-2012, 02:18 PM
I had wheels "fixed" by the BMWs dealers outside "wheel guy" because the clear coat was failing in spots on a 2 year old car. When I left, wheels looked great, three weeks later, same issue. From what I understand, the best way to fix them is to bake and powder coat them. The spray repairs are not very durable in my experience. Is that the case generally?