PDA

View Full Version : Black Blazer water spot issue

badredbrd89
03-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to the boards only in that I've never posted before. I've looked thoroughly at this issue of water spots, and believe I have all three types on a black Blazer I'm doing tomorrow. I DO NOT HAVE PICS of it yet, but I can assure you, the customer has told me it has yet to have a professional detail in it's 5years of existence. She's telling the truth. The paint is littered with water spots and she is wanting to have it look like it was when new.

Needless to say, she isn't going to keep it looking very good given her history of car care. And I've esentially said I'll give it my best effort. I'm looking for opinions with my supplies I currently have.

I have: Meg's DA 110V2
DW849 Rotary
Meg's #2, #4, #9 (2.0), and UC
Sealants and waxes both from 3M and Megs
Can you tell I'm in bed with Megs?? :D

I know my best course of action is to IMPROVE the surface, rather than remove the spots, unless a big miracle occurs. So let's hear what you have to say!

Thanks for all your advice and God bless :D

-Chris

Perfections
03-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Da with ultimate compound twice per section should have it near 100% removal.

badredbrd89
03-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks for responding! It's already done and gone. I used that route and she liked it very much.
-Chris

dwlinc23
07-21-2012, 04:14 AM
Da with ultimate compound twice per section should have it near 100% removal.

I have a customer who has the same issue, was going to try that, so we'll see how it goes.