PDA

View Full Version : Iron x or ?

watson1000
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I would like to know if there is any other products that do the same as Iron x ,if so what and do they work as good . If I was to use Iron x or another product is it safe to use as much as needed or is there a limit to how many times on one vehicle . Thanks for the input .

GlennFeed back pleaseFeed back please

watson1000
03-14-2012, 02:50 PM
nobody has any input ?

embolism
03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
finish kare has a paint decontamination system but the chemicals are not as safe, imo.

I don't think there is a limit to the use of IX on a car except cost. I do mine once a year before winter.

Depends on the environment the vehicle is subject to also I would guess.

CEE DOG
03-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi Glenn, there are other products out there. I believe that IX is much simpler and safer to use than the FK system but I have never tried the FK system. There was a time when I considered it but just based on what it says I never bought it back then. When Iron X came out I really found that to my liking. Safe, effective, and saves me time. There are others out there now as well that work like IX but not as fast and not as concentrated.

Heres another option - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/44817-review-carpro-iron-x-paste.html (not to be confused with soap gel)

Heres a link to the IX spray you are mentioning. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/42651-review-carpro-iron-x.html This has a great FYI at the end of it as well.

Its safe to use as much as you want but pointless to use more than is needed. Check out my reviews above. LOTS of info in there.

Many other great threads on Iron X as well if you need more opinions. Just use the search option.
Dad had a great post on his first impressions. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/43758-first-impressions-iron-x-paste.html

watson1000
03-15-2012, 05:58 AM
Thanks guys for the info .
The reason I asked if it is safe to use often is because I have a platinum White Tricoat Ford Edge and it seems like it is getting alot of brake dust etc on the paint . The Edge is a daily driver but is washed every 2-3 days even in the winter and is very frustrating to have the spots on the paint. I don't know what else to do , I don't want to clay it etc. after every wash so I have been claying it off once a month and waxing etc.. to get me through the winter. In the spring I will be doing a complete cleanup etc of the paint and was hoping of an easier solution than claying all the time. I am also thinking I may have to change the brake pads to ceramic to help with my issue ,what do you guys think ?

Glenn

sal329
03-15-2012, 07:42 AM
There is another product sold here in the US that does what IX does but not sold by AG

watson1000
03-15-2012, 08:30 AM
There is another product sold here in the US that does what IX does but not sold by AG

What product are you referring to ?

dougaross
03-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys for the info .
The reason I asked if it is safe to use often is because I have a platinum White Tricoat Ford Edge and it seems like it is getting alot of brake dust etc on the paint . The Edge is a daily driver but is washed every 2-3 days even in the winter and is very frustrating to have the spots on the paint. I don't know what else to do , I don't want to clay it etc. after every wash so I have been claying it off once a month and waxing etc.. to get me through the winter. In the spring I will be doing a complete cleanup etc of the paint and was hoping of an easier solution than claying all the time. I am also thinking I may have to change the brake pads to ceramic to help with my issue ,what do you guys think ?

Glenn
Using Akebono ceramic pads will substantially reduce the brake dust

Detail_Dude
03-15-2012, 09:04 AM

Are there any downsides or otherwise negative aspects regarding these pads?

embolism
03-15-2012, 09:55 AM
maybe a coating will help?

watson1000
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
maybe a coating will help?

like cquartz?

watson1000
03-15-2012, 10:44 AM

Are there any downsides or otherwise negative aspects regarding these pads?

I have never heard of Akebono pads ,are they just in the US.

Glenn

Hoobie7
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
I just bought a set of the carbon ceramic, haven't installed them yet.
I got them for my BMW.
The OEM pads are horribly bad dusting pads.
The Akebonos are very popular replacements and they don't dust nearly as bad.
And the dust they do make is a light color I think, instead of black.
I have read that you lose a little bite though.

Hoobie7

SpoiledMan
03-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Akebono pads on my Honda minivan and they're head and shoulders better than the OEM pads in every way. As pads wear out on my other cars they'll be receiving the same pads.