PDA

View Full Version : Ink Stains

nickgodfrey
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM
I had a customer bring me a Dodge Ram with tan interior and wanted some spot cleaning along with his detail. On the passenger seat in a crease were two dime sized spots that were hard to see. I sprayed them with the upholstery cleaner, and it started to run like crazy. I realized I just broke loose an old ink stain and attempted to clean it up. Well, let's just say it's pretty much worse. What do you guys suggest for ink stains? Keep in mind I don't have a steamer or extractor.

Kaban
03-14-2012, 12:37 AM
so if the upholstry cleaner makes it "run" cant you just use that to clean it up? I am confused.

rider9195
03-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Well if you got through ink to run again why not use the cleaner you were using before? I know Folex works good on ink stains.

nickgodfrey
03-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Well, maybe. The only thing I was concerned with was causing it to spread as I'm cleaning it up. I was kinda hoping someone had an idea of how to get it out of the fabric without soaking it down to the point that it wants to spread.

StephenK
03-14-2012, 07:58 AM
dont rub it out. blot it after you have sprayed it with your cleaner. trying to rub it out will cause it to spread. if it breaks oose with your cleaner then blotting it with a clean MF with pull it off the interior and into the MF

buddhadog
03-14-2012, 11:49 AM
I blot with paper towels that are highly absorbant. keep wetting and blotting and eventually it will dissapear.

The proccess may take some time and patience!!