PDA

View Full Version : I am torn on what wax to use on my car

Pages : [1] 2

Grifftech
03-13-2012, 09:19 AM
I have a 2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT, and my current products I use are a Meguiar's Polish followed by Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant then Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba wax.

It gives me a real nice look, but I am wondering if there might be a better combination you would recommend?

I saw the other Kona Blue on here with Fuzion, and I am tempted on the Fuzion, but a bit pricey for me.

Thanks for any ideas,
Chris

CEE DOG
03-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Find something you love and use it often.

-Mike Phillips-

Having said that if you enjoy trying different things go for it. Dont expect the wax to dictate how it looks though... Thats 99% polishing baby!

Grifftech
03-13-2012, 09:26 AM

-Mike Phillips-

Having said that if you enjoy trying different things go for it. Dont expect the wax to dictate how it looks though... Thats 99% polishing baby!

On the polishing, what compound do you recommend?

R/TED
03-13-2012, 09:27 AM
The combo of BFWD & Midnight Sun is pretty hard to beat. If you want to try Fuzion, AG has the 3oz. mini for sale. Top the BFWD with Fuzion and i think you will be very happy. Great color BTW. Good luck.

Grifftech
03-13-2012, 09:33 AM
The combo of BFWD & Midnight Sun is pretty hard to beat. If you want to try Fuzion, AG has the 3oz. mini for sale. Top the BFWD with Fuzion and i think you will be very happy. Great color BTW. Good luck.

Thanks,
Chris

alko
03-13-2012, 09:44 AM

-Mike Phillips-

:iagree:I just did a 2 stage polish on my dad's 300C. I used Wolfgang's Total Swirl Remover, followed by PO85RD, and then put a later of WGDGPS. I let it cure and then put a layer of Collinite 915 applied via PC7424XP. It looks FANTASTIC! I really wish I had time to take before and after pics but I've been working on this car since Friday. But as Corey said...its all in the prep work (polishing).

bigdriver4u
03-13-2012, 09:59 AM

Where's this onsale? It looks like regular price for $49 bucks.Feed back please

Grifftech
03-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Where's this onsale? It looks like regular price for $49 bucks.Feed back please

Think he meant, for purchase not "on sale"

Grifftech
03-13-2012, 10:08 AM
:iagree:I just did a 2 stage polish on my dad's 300C. I used Wolfgang's Total Swirl Remover, followed by PO85RD, and then put a later of WGDGPS. I let it cure and then put a layer of Collinite 915 applied via PC7424XP. It looks FANTASTIC! I really wish I had time to take before and after pics but I've been working on this car since Friday. But as Corey said...its all in the prep work (polishing).

Can you decipher PO85RD and WGDGPS? :)

NFA
03-13-2012, 10:15 AM
PO85RD is Mezerna PO85RD or is now named SF4500 (the new Mezerna naming convention makes it much easier to identify how agressive the compound/polish is).

WGDGPS = Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Stang Man
03-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Search for threads by sportscarhiatus, I think his car is the same color as yours.

He has tried a few different things, and his car always looks great!

OhTwoGT
03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I just used the fire over ice combo on my mineral gray 02gt and it looks great, its all in the preparation IMO.

alko
03-13-2012, 01:20 PM
PO85RD is Mezerna PO85RD or is now named SF4500 (the new Mezerna naming convention makes it much easier to identify how agressive the compound/polish is).

WGDGPS = Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

^what he said...thanks for posting that

KneeDragr
03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
From a looks standpoint, I havent found anything that beats Wet Glaze 2.0 followed by P21s Concourse. I suspect its not very durable though.

Ecrissman
03-18-2012, 02:04 PM
I have tried sportcarhiatus exact combo. My Shelby is race red, durablity is no concern. Looks is everything. I did not get the same results as sportscar, my process.... from ownership. Pinnacle adavance swirl remover orange pad then pinnacle souvern.. used a porter cable (the finish from the dealership was rough in hindsight I should of just used my rotary).ok but left to many factory paint defects. So next wave menzerna power finish orange pad then menzerna super finish white pad all applied with flex 3401 around 5.5 speed. Then 2 costs CG black light 1st with blue pad, 2nd coat by hand foam applicator. LSP 2 coats wolfgang fuzion. Looked pretty decent, changed the color slightly to more of a cherry red, which is not what its supposed to be. By far the most impressive finish at the gathering of cars yesterday looked good in he day light looks good under the parking lot lights.
Being the goof I am I decided to use QD with CG hybrid v-7 today and correct a few minor blemishes I saw yesterday. Afterwards I re-applied pinnacle souveran, I noticed the difference and liked it. Couple of my buddies from yesterday came over to give the beer tap a work out and they all commented on how much better the car looked today compaired to last night. I hadnt told them what I did... so there you go.
My process after the paint has been prep'd..
If needed 2 step menzerna
pinnacle souveran.
Cg hybrid V-7.
To my eyes its straight show car combo.

Bring it over, we'll buff it outIm the MAN