PDA

View Full Version : Nervous

pockets1951
03-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Today I started cleaning my 04 black Honda. It has quite a few swirl marks especially on the vertical surfaces. So, I washed and clayed it, then I tried some SwirlX (by hand, my DA polisher comes tomorrow). It didn't touch the swirls. So I tried some Megs #2, by hand with straight strokes. It seemed to get most of the swirls, not all. I noticed some straight line marks where I used the Megs #2. So I tried the SwirlX over those and again, nothing. I'm getting a little nervous about it. Do I need to go more abrasive or will the DA polisher be the answer? I'm not sure about going more abrasive. Any advice would be appreciated!

Porsche Pilot
03-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Today I started cleaning my 04 black Honda. It has quite a few swirl marks especially on the vertical surfaces. So, I washed and clayed it, then I tried some SwirlX (by hand, my DA polisher comes tomorrow). It didn't touch the swirls. So I tried some Megs #2, by hand with straight strokes. It seemed to get most of the swirls, not all. I noticed some straight line marks where I used the Megs #2. So I tried the SwirlX over those and again, nothing. I'm getting a little nervous about it. Do I need to go more abrasive or will the DA polisher be the answer? I'm not sure about going more abrasive. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hold out for the DA. With the right pads, product and technique you will get that soft Honda black in top shape in no time. Correcting by hand is possible but very time consuming. You're gonna love the DA!

"These cars are meant to be driven, not polished" - Dr. Ferdinand Porsche

tuscarora dave
03-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Black Honda paint and M-205 were a match made in heaven. Hold out for the DA.

pockets1951
03-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Sounds good, I was hoping the DA would help. I'm starting to feel better. Thanks

Mustang81
03-12-2012, 08:17 PM
I was able to do some correction by hand using SwirlX on my wife's Focus. It took forever to do a small spot to my liking. I'll be waiting on the DA before I try the rest of the car.