PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Florida Attractions / Restaraunts ...

ScottB
03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
I have received more than several PM's and emails lately from visitors coming to Detailfest and looking for "other" items to do while in Stuart, Florida. To be honest I live more than 60 minutes South and don't know the area all that well. So hopefully everyone can post some favorites here for others to share and use during the week of and including Detailfest weekend.

I know Mike Phillips often spoke about "FINS" a restaruant in the local area for seafood and I believe he offered a water view.

I also remember a Cracker Barrell and McDonalds next to the Marriott Hotel and across from The Holiday Inn that everyone will be visiting.

So what else is on the menu .... or choices of visit for kids, adults, and late night dwellers alike ??? Any local attractions within 20-30 minutes travel time ?? Anyone found any hidden gems in past Detailfest travels ???

Finemess
03-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Is Ms. Meghan going to be grilling burgers?

Flash Gordon
03-12-2012, 06:39 PM
McDonalds

Thats where I'll be dining

Are the fish sandwiches catch-of-the-day?!?!?!?

Porsche Pilot
03-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Thats where I'll be dining

Are the fish sandwiches catch-of-the-day?!?!?!?

They serve the very rare sumkindafish. Nobody has ever seen one in the wild.

"These cars are meant to be driven, not polished" - Dr. Ferdinand Porsche

Flash Gordon
03-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Guess that means I'm gonna need to bring my fishin pole if I plan on having seafood whilst in Florida

Is there a Long John Silvers nearby?!?!?!?

Porsche Pilot
03-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Guess that means I'm gonna need to bring my fishin pole if I plan on having seafood whilst in Florida

I don't eat fish but the waters off of Stuart are known as the sailfish capital of the U.S. Head out of the St. Lucie Inlet and hit one of the bait boats. Get ya some nice rigged Ballyhoo and go hook yourself a Marlin. I will help ya clean it and we can grill some marlin steaks at the fire pit.

Dan Metzler
03-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Fins has very good food and an awesome waterfront location. I remember going to a really good mexican joint, I think just north of Stuart. Mike can jump in and name it.....I do remember the ride in the famous blazer from Fins to the mexican place!!
You can take a 30 min drive south to Palm Beach. There is plenty to do and see there. Just be sure to fill the wallet if you go down town!

Did a quick google search and found it: Mexican Restaurant in Staurt, Florida (http://www.santafecafestuart.com/Index.html)
Awesome food!!

ScottB
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM
I thought Nick, Meghan, Jason, and Mike would have offered some nice hideaways or local establishments we should all visit ...

IID
03-13-2012, 07:15 PM

"sumkindafish" fricken hilarious :xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
03-13-2012, 08:02 PM
I thought Nick, Meghan, Jason, and Mike would have offered some nice hideaways or local establishments we should all visit ...

Probally because they work 8 days a week

I bet Yancy would know all the hip places to go http://www.3sgto.org/images/smilies/bawc/487.gif

Meghan
03-14-2012, 07:57 AM
The same weekend Detail Fest is going on Stuart will be having an Arts Festival Downtown.
As for restaurants we have lots of choices:
Sailors Return- on the water and you will probably find Max there!
Flagler Grill - downtown Stuart
Black Marlin
Shrimpers- on water
Finz- on water
Crawdaddys- if you like a little trip to New Orleans!
Conchy Joes- on the water
The Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House- on the water
Charlies- for the "Good Ole Boy" in you

Audios S6
03-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Vero Beach is 30 miles north and there are several good restaurants there.

The Lemon Tree is good for lunch, but it's an older crowd.
The Wave @ Costa d'Este would be a more upscale dinner, with a view of the pool

Palm Bay is a bit further North than Vero Beach and has Ozzie's Crabhouse which is tasty stuff. The Neptune platter comes piled high on a restaurant serving platter. I'll have to find a pic.

These get my vote as good places to stop on the way to or from Stuart, FL.

Meghan
03-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Going to bump this thread since a lot of your are here and hungry!

DetailElite
03-23-2012, 12:55 PM

There is one on SE Federal Highway in Stuart. I just moved to Port St. Lucie a little over a week ago and I've eaten there twice already :dblthumb2:, in that same strip mall there's a restaurant called Bonefish Grill, haven't eaten there but they're always busy. Seems to be an upscale place.