PDA

View Full Version : Paint Sealant For Windshield

mcoccia
03-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi,

Instead of using Rainx, could I apply Blackfire or Wolfgang paint sealant on my windshield?

Thanks
Mark

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Kaban
03-12-2012, 04:27 PM
of course. I have been using BFWD on glass for over a year. Fantastic results. Lasts very long.

ScottB
03-12-2012, 06:03 PM
why not try Aquapel ???

flyinion
03-12-2012, 06:59 PM
why not try Aquapel ???

How easy is that stuff to apply? I know you guys sell it, but I remember when I first heard about it around 10 years ago it had to be put on by a pro or something. Been debating getting some myself because I used to love it.

BobbyG
03-12-2012, 07:18 PM
why not try Aquapel ???

:iagree: Aquapel is designed for use on windshields and if applied to clean glass lasts 5 to 6 months....:props:

ArkayoDeetayo
03-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Windshield Sealant :dunno:

All Finish Windshield Protection :dunno:

umi000
03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
You probably can (I use Opti-Seal on my windows), but you can't clean the glass with normal glass cleaners, as they'll degrade the sealant fairly quickly (most glass cleaners contain IPA). You can use a QD or waterless wash instead - I use Poorboy's Spray and Wipe, as I've had less issues with streaking with it than other products (ONR QD, OID, UWW+).

HellDemon
03-12-2012, 10:48 PM
For aquapel, it is abit difficult to get the timing right at first. What I've done is just do all windows before wiping them off. by the time i get back to them, they've hazed (which of course is a SUPER pain in the ass to get rid of if you're simply buffing), and then just use a light mist of QD, and simply wipe off. Saves an amazing amount of time, and doesn't wear down the coating. You can also use glass cleaner, but as some have said, it does wear down the sealant abit; but if you wipe it quickly after spraying it, it shouldn't degrade it as quickly.

mcoccia
03-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Is Blackfire or WG Sealant safe for plastic headlights and Fogs?

Outcome Agent
03-13-2012, 05:32 AM
Is Blackfire or WG Sealant safe for plastic headlights and Fogs?

I will never apply a sealant to any windshield that against any sort of weather stripping or wiperblade.

Reason is because no matter how thing you spread, or how well you remove it will always junk up (especially on wiperblade).

NickZ28
03-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Reason is because no matter how thing you spread, or how well you remove it will always junk up (especially on wiperblade).[/QUOTE]

I have been applying wax/sealants to my windshields for years and have never had what you mention happen to me.:xyxthumbs:

BWG707
03-13-2012, 11:32 AM
The main thing I noticed about using Aquapel is you need to be fast when applying it. You need to spread it fast so it covers enough area. You have a small linited amount of solution in each applicator so you need to spread it thin and fast. As was said before you don't need to worry about it hazing up because you can use a Detailer to wipe it off.