PDA

View Full Version : IPA mix with WW or DS instead of water

Meticulous-Detail
03-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Anyone do an IPA mix with WW or DS instead of water for more cleaning power and better lubrication? My intended use is for tar,sap, grime and bug removal. I have used IPA mix on 3 yr old sap and it took it right off w/o a problem. I figured the WW or DS would be better to use then just plain water. Or better yet all 3 IPA,WW and water.

embolism
03-12-2012, 02:09 PM
sounds intriguing, like your own version of Eraser...

Meticulous-Detail
03-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Bump, anyone else think its a good idea?

CEE DOG
03-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Sure, if using it as a strong cleaner with added lubrication I could see it having its place.

If looking for something to check polishing results or leave a completely clean surface I would stick with Eraser or in some cases IPA/water. The D/S or W/W would leave polymers or something behind that interferes with coatings or does not show your true polishing results.

Meticulous-Detail
03-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Sure, if using it as a strong cleaner with added lubrication I could see it having its place.

If looking for something to check polishing results or leave a completely clean surface I would stick with Eraser or in some cases IPA/water. The D/S or W/W would leave polymers or something behind that interferes with coatings or does not show your true polishing results.

Thanx, I am going to try it out on some sap and tar removal.

Meticulous-Detail
03-15-2012, 03:49 PM
I tried this mix and didn't it worked too well. Stick with water and IPA.

brawl
03-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Try mixing some Megs Final Inspection in your H20/IPA mixture for lubrication..