PDA

View Full Version : Problem with water spots...

shadowrlc
03-09-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm having problems removing what appears to be small water spots on the hood of my 2004 2500HD. I wash and dry weekly so I assume its from rain water since the truck isn't garaged. I am new with the PC and I'm just wondering what I can do to remove these spots. This is a picture after one pass with Meg #83. Sorry for the bad picture but it was the best angle to see how bad the spots are.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/shadowrlc/small.jpg

sparkie
03-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Megs #83 is very good polish (hate the dust). I have seen it get out some bad paint damage. Sometimes the damage is too deep. You might try a stronger polish. What pads are you using?
I saw a video of a detailer using wet sand paper 2000 and 3000 grit and then polishing it out. Maybe someone will chime in and help you out.

ScottB
03-10-2007, 09:30 AM
could also be acid rain etchings, and is likely already well into the clearcoat. You can try polishing, wet-sanding, but likely will have to live with them or repair thru repaint.

shadowrlc
03-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I used an orange pad. I may try another pass with #83 and see if it helps any. Guess it's just one of those things I'll have to deal with. Thanks for the info!

ltoman
03-10-2007, 12:25 PM
It seems like it it is inevitable for a car that does not have the luxury of being babied by a garage. But you have nothing to lose by working on it with the pc!

koibybrian
03-10-2007, 05:02 PM
How do you like your HD? Wel for me wife picked up a 06 G6. Great car. She parrked underneath pine tree and you can guess what happened. Removed all the sap and took care of the paint.For me looking at your Truck , (I have a Serria) I think it can be handled. Maybe some swirl remover. Some sealent and wax if you prefer.

shadowrlc
03-10-2007, 05:21 PM
I love the HD. It's an '04 and I've had no problems at all! It's a work in progress with the PC. As soon as I finish I'll post some pictures! I tried another pass on the hood with some 3M swirl remover and it's still no better. I can't feel it with my hand so I'm assuming its beyond repair without painting. The only good thing is you can't see it outside so just have to live with it under the lights!

Whitethunder46
03-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I just worked on my own waterspots: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/4747-mission-wetsanding-many-pics-inside.html

koibybrian
03-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Loved my 2001 HD was the best trucks I ever had. I think you can still work it out, with the paint.