PDA

View Full Version : Wallet & machine friendly OTC wax suggestion for a black car

Pages : [1] 2

walletless
03-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Hello,

Some of you may have seen my recent video review of ONR. While my car is currently swirl-free (atleast to the best of my knowledge), it has not been waxed since I bought the car in December last year.

My next job is to wax the entire car using a PC 7424XP.

I am looking for some suggestion on an OTC wax that I can use with PC. Preferably something I can buy from AZ or Walmart or Amazon Prime since shipping is quite expensive otherwise, and I do not have $95 worth of stuff to order for free shipping..

I am generally busy, and realistically, I will only wax about once or twice a year. This is for a Black Nissan Altima. Any suggestions?

ExoticAutoDetai
03-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Not sure if any local Walmart still carries AutoGlym HD but is a great wax I completely love it! I tried it by hand though not a PC but I don't see why it wouldn't work either. Just make sure to hit it slow perhaps on 3.

HellDemon
03-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Not sure if any local Walmart still carries AutoGlym HD but is a great wax I completely love it! I tried it by hand though not a PC but I don't see why it wouldn't work either. Just make sure to hit it slow perhaps on 3.

Haha I was just about to suggest AG HD! But unfortunately walmart doesn't sell it anymore. Back in 2010 or 2009 or something when they were clearing it out, they were only going for $15!!! Their regular price was even cheaper than normal too at $40.

Otherwise, you can find them retailing for $50. It lasts a long time for a carnauba, and looks nice. Definitely not one of the cheaper waxes out there, but since I am not in the US, I can't say if something like collinite or FK is available OTC (in canada, only autoglym, megs, and mothers are OTC)

AKmikeSSter04
03-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Is collonite 845 on Amazon? It lasts awhile.

ExoticAutoDetai
03-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Haha I was just about to suggest AG HD! But unfortunately walmart doesn't sell it anymore. Back in 2010 or 2009 or something when they were clearing it out, they were only going for $15!!! Their regular price was even cheaper than normal too at $40.

Otherwise, you can find them retailing for $50. It lasts a long time for a carnauba, and looks nice. Definitely not one of the cheaper waxes out there, but since I am not in the US, I can't say if something like collinite or FK is available OTC (in canada, only autoglym, megs, and mothers are OTC)

:dblthumb2::dblthumb2:Yup I was all over my local walmarts I got 6 tubs! Im the MANIm the MAN

habeba86
03-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Autoglym is not sold at walmart anymore. If theres a carquest around you, go there and look for duragloss wax.....or meguairs nxt wax.

walletless
03-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Thanks.. I do have a carquest nearby. Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 is carried by my local Walmart as well, but in paste form (they don't carry lotion form).

I was wondering how is this one for using with PC: Amazon.com: Mothers 05750 California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax Liquid - 16 oz (Ultimate Wax System, Step 3): Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-California-Brazilian-Carnauba-Liquid/dp/B0002U1TX0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1331535176&sr=1-1-fkmr0) (Mothers California Brazillian Carnauba Liquid)? It has great reviews on Amazon and most people seem to like it on black - but I was not sure if it is OK for machine use or hand application only..

BobbyG
03-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Mothers Reflections Liquid Car Wax

Blue or Red foam pad
Speed setting 3

brawl
03-12-2012, 06:56 AM
I do have a carquest nearby.

DG105. 16 oz. for $11. You have a PCXP and I am sure a polished out car will look good on it. It's a sealant though.

RTexasF
03-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Since your plan is only to do this once or twice a year that narrows the field considerably. Collinite 845 is what you need regardless of where you have to get it. Duragloss #105 is another that will hang in there. In your case durability is far more important than looks.

sal329
03-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Duragloss 111, 105 or 501
Collinite 845

5.4 Shelby
03-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Collinte 845 if available.

I love Megs #26 liquid for a cheap OTC wax.

JBL
03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Hello,

Some of you may have seen my recent video review of ONR. While my car is currently swirl-free (atleast to the best of my knowledge), it has not been waxed since I bought the car in December last year.

My next job is to wax the entire car using a PC 7424XP.

I am looking for some suggestion on an OTC wax that I can use with PC. Preferably something I can buy from AZ or Walmart or Amazon Prime since shipping is quite expensive otherwise, and I do not have $95 worth of stuff to order for free shipping..

I am generally busy, and realistically, I will only wax about once or twice a year. This is for a Black Nissan Altima. Any suggestions?

I love this kit:

Amazon.com: Poorboy's World Dark Paint Perfection Kit: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Poorboys-World-Dark-Paint-Perfection/dp/B0065IMWBQ)

It's Kit #6 on Poorboy's World website. A bottle of Collinite is only $15-20? I say bite the bullet and grab it. You can get 3 treatments out of that kit.

Professional Polish's abilities are pad dependent as well.

walletless
03-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks.. Looks like Colinite 845 is the most popular choice here. I will get that. Thanks everyone for the replies!

How do people apply it with PC. A couple drops of 845 on red pad to do half a sedan hood? Or more liquid is needed?

FUNX650
03-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks.. Looks like Colinite 845 is the most popular choice here. I will get that. Thanks everyone for the replies!

How do people apply it with PC. A couple drops of 845 on red pad to do half a sedan hood? Or more liquid is needed?

This may be of assistance:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html

:)

Bob