PDA

View Full Version : Help me with the hose

Pages : [1] 2

abrcrombe
03-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey guys, I am having hose problems. I have 2 fifty foot hoses connected to each other, and a shut off valve on the end with the foam gun attachment after it. This is the SECOND time the hose closest to the foam gun has died on me. First time, the metal coupling (I think) came apart when it was under pressure (like when the shut off valve was CLOSED, but the water was still on). Returned it and got a new one. Now this one looks like this!!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/mitchell_reed/DSC_5238.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/mitchell_reed/DSC_5237.jpg

I am going to return this one, but should I get the same one? This is a craftsman by the way. Any better brands?

Nuke33
03-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Wow never seen that before that sucks!

Jimmie
03-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Absolutely. I've said it before and I just read where Bradley said the "rubber" Craftsman is the best hose out there. It's the black one. Think I'd look into paying the difference for an upgrade.

HighEndDetail
03-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Wow never seen that before that sucks!

http://www.peachstateposse.com/forum/images/smiles/WhatHeSaid.gif you might want to get a more of a commercial grade type of hose. I will try and see what brand hose I have. It is on a outlet with alot of pressure and has never done that.

Ed

shadybreal
03-09-2007, 08:01 PM
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Go buy a black Sears Craftsman hose. They are cheap, but you'll never need another hose. They roll up very nicely once you've used it a few times, and they can't be kinked.

Jimmie
03-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Forgot to mention this in my last post, but the black Sears Craftsman hose is guaranteed "FOREVER". It will be the last hose you ever have to buy(trade-ins after that). I've got two. Both about 5 years old. Both perfect.

abrcrombe
03-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Well this one is supposed to last forever too. I guess it is time to upgrade! Thanks for the input!

chu
03-09-2007, 08:19 PM
I recently bought a Goodyear one from home depot for $20. A great durable hose. Line doesn't kink, and has quality brass on the ends.

Surfer
03-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't know who makes it but I have a long grey hose that's made of a very tough rubber, yet fold up nicely and hard to get a kink. More importantly, it's held up to 3-4 years of in and out, rollinging back up against cement etc, and no tears or anything, actually looks like it's barely used. Drawing a blank on who made this hose, wasn't cheap, but well worth it, now if I could only remember the name lol.

Whitethunder46
03-10-2007, 12:28 AM
I just bought a 50 ft. Black rubber craftsman "forever" warranty. There are acutally two Craftsman hoses w/ the forever warranty, but get the commercial grade one (black all rubber). 50ft. is marked at $25, but when I bought mine yesterday, it only rang up for $20!

Craig
03-10-2007, 01:24 AM
When I seen the subject, I was going to tell ya to get to the doctor fast. :D You were talking about something else, so never mind. Craftsman hose, you pay a little more, but you won't be buying one once a month.

abrcrombe
03-10-2007, 03:26 AM
Ok, I upgraded from the Craftsman green POS to the black one. Total cost... free. I don't know how, but who am I to complain.

sparkie
03-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Ok, I upgraded from the Craftsman green POS to the black one. Total cost... free. I don't know how, but who am I to complain.
I just thought about this link, oh well you got one now.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/3529-water-hose.html

alban61
03-10-2007, 08:18 AM
When I seen the subject, I was going to tell ya to get to the doctor fast. :D You were talking about something else, so never mind. Craftsman hose, you pay a little more, but you won't be buying one once a month.

LOL. Yup! First thing I thought too was............better see a Urologist!! :D
Sorry, just couldn't help it.

AL417
03-10-2007, 08:39 AM
LOL. Yup! First thing I thought too was............better see a Urologist!! :D
Sorry, just couldn't help it.
LOL, I was thinking of another kind of Ho.:o :D