PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaner/Tire Cleaner

hoyt66
03-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Are these one in the same? When i look on the web site there is alot of "wheel" cleaners but not so much for "tire" cleaners. Feed back please Thank you

rider9195
03-11-2012, 11:09 AM
I know many wheel cleaners can be used on tires. But any APC can be used on tires.

HeavyD
03-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner best there is for cleaning tires,pulls out sludge no others can come close to, and mildly dirty wheels. Acid free. I use it on polished wheels before the polish stage.

pfix
03-11-2012, 11:57 AM
For all but the most neglected wheels, Mothers All Wheel and Tire cleaner does a fantastic job. Very good at cleaning the rubber as well as the wheels and it leaves the wheels nice and glossy.

Autoglym CWC is another favorite, stronger than Mothers but more costly and not as easy to find.

Ron Atchison
03-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Mothers also make a tire and rubber cleaner.
Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner cleans rubber deep down to leave tires clean and deeply black, as healthy rubber should be. Mothers Tire & Rubber (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-tire-rubber-cleaner.html)

ScottB
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I use ARO (Amazing Roll Off) on tires, and I use P21S on wheels for safety.

hoyt66
03-11-2012, 12:40 PM
I know many wheel cleaners can be used on tires. But any APC can be used on tires.
Sounds good. I have some DP APC I can try. I used Westleys but it if I'm down wind of it it chokes me.

Stang Man
03-11-2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/5c/5cfc8d2a-0d7c-413d-aae0-9e5c29fb5666_400.jpg

I use this at it's weakest dilution for tires. And, you can find it cheap at any Home Depot or Lowe's.

I don't use it on wheels, and rinse off any that may get on a wheel. Haven't had any issues.

CASH XRS
03-12-2012, 08:32 AM
As of now, I am using Bleche White for the tires and Detailer Pro Series' wheel cleaner for the wheels. I just want to make sure I am covered with all types of wheels.

Audi X2
03-12-2012, 08:42 AM
As of now, I am using Bleche White for the tires and Detailer Pro Series' wheel cleaner for the wheels. I just want to make sure I am covered with all types of wheels.

The DP wheel cleaner works pretty darn good on tires too.

CASH XRS
03-12-2012, 08:49 AM
The DP wheel cleaner works pretty darn good on tires too.

Already have two bottles of Bleche White, so I gotta use those up first haha. May need to try that though.

oldmodman
03-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Amazing Roll Off for me. It gets the rubber perfectly clean.
And for cleaning the wheels I am using Sonax wheel cleaner. Does a great job. But it sure stinks.

BobbyG
03-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Amazing Roll-Off
Chemical Guys Diablo
CarPro Iron-X
CarPro PERL

Today was a gorgeous day here in Southern New England, sunny with a slight breeze and it topped out at 74 degrees.....:props:

I used Amazing Roll-Off on the tires and it worked very well. Wet the tires, spray liberally, wait a minute or two and scrub. It was nice to see a product clean rubber as well as it did.

For the wheels I used Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel cleaner.

Once cleaned I gave CarPro Iron-X a try and was surprised to see how much was still left. After a few minutes, purple streaks everywhere so it worked as described.

CarPro PERL was my next new to me product. This was part of my Christmas haul and finally got to give it a test drive today. After mixing it 1:3, 1 part PERL to 3 parts water, I sprayed the tires, let it sit for a minute and wiped the excess for a nice uniform black...

Mike Phillips
03-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Meguiar's has reformulated their Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner, the name on the label now reads,

Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner

They sent me a bottle to test out for the "Off the Shelf" feature that will be embedded in each one of our new TV episodes.

I took all the new and existing products and tried them all out before shooting the how-to segments and this includes the new Wheel and Tire Cleaner and it works really well.

The nozzle does a great job of foaming the liquid and the liquid is formulated to foam, so you have both of these thing working together to create a foam on the surface which increases dwell time instead of just running off the wheels and tires.

And yes, it worked really well, I used it on a neglected Honda Accord with very dirty wheel and tires.

Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner 24 oz (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-all-wheel-tire-cleaner.html)

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2200_54791554.jpg

We have it in stock now too...

:)