PDA

View Full Version : How a simple task can go completely wrong

top189h
03-10-2012, 09:33 PM
After 4 years of cleaning cars at a body shop and not messing anything up that a little compound couldn't fix I decide to screw up my own car. Long story short, I had picked up some griot's spray wax to use on my truck after I did an interior detail. Well not thinking too much about it, I set the wax down with my interior products which included and happened to be right next to my griot's interior cleaner. As I pick up what I believe to be my interior cleaner I mist the trim pannel, and I think hmm this smells good... mist two, hmm I don't remember this stuff smelling... uh oh, my 17 year old red trim pannel has two nice off white spots. So after two hours of steaming scrubbing and dressing one trim pannel, I havn't gotten it up but some dish soap and dressing finally covered it for the most part. So a tip to anyone new at this or who just looks for advice, I highly suggest a good organizational system at all times. My quick wash and interior detail turned into a major headache. PS if anyone has any ideas at to fixing this they would be greatly appreciated :doh:

embolism
03-10-2012, 10:46 PM
did you try some diluted APC and a soft brush?

top189h
03-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I hit it with some griots apc, then again with steam then with glass cleaner then some leather cleaner and conditioner then tried every dressing I have. Lastly I tried some dish soap and another coat of dressing. Now I'm thinking of some rubbing alcohol... my only problem is the interior is so delicate from age I'm guessing that if I get the steering wheel wet color comes off, so it just scares me to go too drastic. Worst case I just redo the interior before I really wanted to tho. I'm more stuck on how I did something so stupid but also by how two light mists of the stuff did it on top of a nice layer of dressing that was still on the pannel. It must be a good wax