PDA

View Full Version : Who can paint cars in fla that does a good job?

ryandamartini
03-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Although my Camry is famous for its sparkling blue paint, the front/rear bumpers need painting, and the paint on the top half of my trunk is slightly off color. I know this sounds like paranoia, but I have been wanting to paint it for a long time.

If anyone can recommend a painter, please let me know.

Kelso
03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
ill be completely honest, its not worth it.... is there any major flaws? because to get a high quality job will be thousands of dollars, id just pull the bumpers and have them sprayed but not the full car

ryandamartini
03-09-2007, 06:50 PM
ill be completely honest, its not worth it.... is there any major flaws? because to get a high quality job will be thousands of dollars, id just pull the bumpers and have them sprayed but not the full car

thats what im looking after. at most, i would have the exterior reshot with the same color paint. I am just in the market to find a painter to discuss my options with.

Kelso
03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
i cant think of any off the top of my head, its oging to be very pricey to get a high quality job with no orange peel, no runs, no cracks, no fisheyes, no flaws at all. i know there are some good shops in tampa but they are like exotic cars only sort of thing

HighEndDetail
03-09-2007, 07:30 PM
What years your camry, and how much you willing to spend.

Ed

ryandamartini
03-10-2007, 03:23 AM
What years your camry, and how much you willing to spend.

Ed

1995 nightshadow blue sedan 4 dr. as far as how much, i need to know what they would charge for bumpers and a hood.

HighEndDetail
03-10-2007, 08:12 AM
1995 nightshadow blue sedan 4 dr. as far as how much, i need to know what they would charge for bumpers and a hood.

I would say around $250-500 depends on where and quality. For a '95 year model, I wouldn't want to spend too much. Try like macco or some other lower priced paint shops.

ScottB
03-10-2007, 09:38 AM
try to find out who the dealers outsource their repairs to, alot dont do it themselves. Some have relationships for overflow. Skip the dealer, and go right to them and save some $$$$$$$$$$$$.

ryandamartini
03-10-2007, 05:03 PM
try to find out who the dealers outsource their repairs to, alot dont do it themselves. Some have relationships for overflow. Skip the dealer, and go right to them and save some $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Cool, thanks for the advice Killr. I will call Toyota dealership here and ask if they paint in house or outsource. I do believe they paint in house at their bodyshop tho.

dengood1
03-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Ryan, I live about 60 miles north of you and don't know how far you want to travel, but there's a guy here and he does OUTSTANDING work. When I was in a Mustang club he was the only one that painted any car, and these were classic show cars. More expensive than Macco, but worth every penny.

For what it's worth, I'd stick to a reputable shop in your area........talk to people, find out who does the best work for the cheapest price!

ryandamartini
03-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Ryan, I live about 60 miles north of you and don't know how far you want to travel, but there's a guy here and he does OUTSTANDING work. When I was in a Mustang club he was the only one that painted any car, and these were classic show cars. More expensive than Macco, but worth every penny.

For what it's worth, I'd stick to a reputable shop in your area........talk to people, find out who does the best work for the cheapest price!

all the same id like to know his prices. PM?

koibybrian
03-11-2007, 04:20 PM
No Major flaw no worries....

ryandamartini
03-11-2007, 05:08 PM
No Major flaw no worries....

New hood and bumpers will look different than the body, plus Im only paying half of it. Mom is paying the other half since they didnt compensate me for the wear and tear they did while driving it.