PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on my next detail guys

Pages : [1] 2

flektone
03-10-2012, 11:37 AM
So I have a black IS250 as shown. Right now it has alot of swirls and fine scratches that can be seen close up and in the sun. 5 feet away the car looks friggin awesome. So until I either buy a PC or take it to a prefessional I will be waxing by hand. Even though it has many imperfections as I mention the paint is still in great condition and shines great the way I maintain it. I clay, use SRP, topped with HD wax and I love it. But im so sick of the dealing with HD wax application and removal. I tried all techniques so forget trying to convince me. Im totally done with the product. So I plan on claying again this time and either using autoglym Ultra Deep shine which has fine swirl and hiding capabilities and supposely is great for dark color cars. Or using SRP topped with autoglym extra gloss protection. Im just wondering that since im not really correcting anything by hand, the extra step with SRP may just be a waste of time. What do you guys think?

Here's pics of the car a couple weeks after SRP and HD wax

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/flekx/IMG_0759-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/flekx/IMG_0760.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/flekx/IMG_0751-1.jpg

sal329
03-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I would skip clay since you do not have a machine. Use srp then top with something like Collinite 845, Four Star UPP or bilt hamber finis wax

Setec Astronomy
03-10-2012, 02:49 PM
I see you have Jersey plates, where abouts are you?

lokichaos
03-10-2012, 03:09 PM
I would agree on skipping the clay. Collinite 845 is a go to product for long term protection…well as long term as sealants and waxes go.

flektone
03-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I see you have Jersey plates, where abouts are you?

passaic county

Setec Astronomy
03-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Im just wondering that since im not really correcting anything by hand, the extra step with SRP may just be a waste of time. What do you guys think?

SRP is always good as a prep for LSP.

I would skip clay since you do not have a machine.

Um...I think you should clay your car if it needs it, with an ultra-fine clay, but don't over do it, and be really careful if you're using a more aggresive clay.

passaic county

North, south? I'm in Essex. There are some great detailers up in the northeast corner of the state, Phil and Street Dreams. You could also head up over the border and get a personal consultation from the guys at Poorboy's. Also, we have been trying to get some sort of local meet going here in NJ...which never seems to work out.

Eandras
03-11-2012, 08:17 AM
I would skip clay since you do not have a machine. Use srp then top with something like Collinite 845, Four Star UPP or bilt hamber finis wax

I would not skip a clay even if doing by hand. The clay process only enhances the finished result.

I am in Passaic county as well. I would be interested in a local meet as well.

Setec Astronomy
03-11-2012, 08:20 AM
I am in Passaic county as well. I would be interested in a local meet as well.

Yeah, that would be great except it never happens. Have you been to the Poorboy's events in Nyack?

Eandras
03-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah, that would be great except it never happens. Have you been to the Poorboy's events in Nyack?

No not yet. But will look for them. I noticed the op had a picture by the detail center in Wayne NJ.

Setec Astronomy
03-11-2012, 08:36 AM
I noticed the op had a picture by the detail center in Wayne NJ.

I didn't even notice that. Perhaps he will comment about that.

Eandras
03-11-2012, 08:37 AM

No not yet. But will look for them. I noticed the op had a picture by the detail center in Wayne NJ.

Setec Astronomy
03-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Sorry if I'm hijacking, but do you Passaic Co. guys have any place to host a meet? Ideally we'd be looking for someplace with water, electric, shade, and bathrooms. That would be for a meet where cars could be washed and detailed, to be able to demonstrate techniques, etc. People who have never used a polisher could try one, that kind of thing. A car dealer on the weekend would be perfect, or even someone's house if they've got enough space.

Or more of an informal parking lot meetup just to shoot the breeze.

Eandras
03-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Will check around to see what I can find. What part of NJ you from.

flektone
03-11-2012, 09:31 AM
I didn't even notice that. Perhaps he will comment about that.

haha damn you guys are good. Yeah Im from Wayne.

I always clay with megs or mothers clay bar. The car is washed almost every weekend but does sit outside. I was just wondering being how time consuming it is if that using SRP is just a waste of time. And to maybe just go straight to a LSP after claying. But after reading more online SRP paired with extra gloss enhancer seems to be a great combo.

Eandras
03-11-2012, 12:47 PM
haha damn you guys are good. Yeah Im from Wayne.

I always clay with megs or mothers clay bar. The car is washed almost every weekend but does sit outside. I was just wondering being how time consuming it is if that using SRP is just a waste of time. And to maybe just go straight to a LSP after claying. But after reading more online SRP paired with extra gloss enhancer seems to be a great combo.
I notice the detail center in the picture in the background. My routine generally runs as follows

Wash
Clay bar
Wash
Meguiars ultimate compound with LC CCS Orange Pad
Meguiars ultimate polish with LC CCS White Pad
Meguiars ultimate liquid wax LC CCS Black Pad
Buff out with the LCC Blue or Red Pad from LC

I have a PC 7242XP

I like the Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax as I put on two thin coats and leaves no white marks on the trim. I actually use the Utimate liquid wax on the trim.