PDA

View Full Version : shop vac/blowers

Ryan6900
03-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Im looking to buy a vacuum for the car. One that mounts on the wall. But, i want a blower to dry off the car as well. So i have my eye on the Bissell 18po. The reviews are really good, however i have a question. Wouldnt the vacuum blow dust from within the hose back onto the vehicle when i dry it off? It seems that would defeat its purpose. What do you do?

AdamsImport
03-09-2012, 02:32 AM
The Blower doesn't pull the air from the tank holding your trash, so you would be fine.

I Just picked up a VacuMaid GV50, I was going to get the Bissell but this one was the same thing, with a little more power.

I will write a review once I have it mounted and used.

Ryan6900
03-09-2012, 04:50 AM
The Blower doesn't pull the air from the tank holding your trash, so you would be fine.

Sorry if i confused anyone. Say i vacuum my vehicle. The next time i use it to blow the water off my vehicle, I will still have dust in the hose. A minimal amount but its there. Once it collects on the vehicle and i begin to detail, it seems that would create swirls or scratches.

Btw. Im looking at this vac as well. Amazon.com: Vacmaster VWM510 Wall Mount Wet/Dry Vacuum Powered by Industrial 2-Stage Motor with Remote Control, 5 Gallon, 5 Peak HP: Home Improvement (http://www.amazon.com/Vacmaster-VWM510-Powered-Industrial-2-Stage/dp/B001O6RA6Q/ref=pd_sbs_hg_2)

I cant make a decision between the two. Any opinions?

Ryan6900
03-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I will write a review once I have it mounted and used.

Do you have it up and running yet? If so, how strong is the blower? Ive been thinking. What I can do to solve my problem is to buy a separate hose just for blowing the water off the car. It doesnt have to be long so it shouldnt be a problem storing it.

Webb
03-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Just wash the bucket before blowing,that's what I do.There's no need to buy a blower just for the purpose.

Ryan6900
03-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Good point. Simple enough.