PDA

View Full Version : New Gilmour Foam Gun - odd piece?!?

Detail_Dude
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Hoooray!!! I got my new Gilmour Foam Master gun in the mail today. It is not the version II, with the black knob, but the older version with the brass valve (model 75QGFMR). If the NY weather is good this weekend, I may give it a shot.

After minor assembly, I can't seem to figure out what the 'deflector' piece is for, nor where to attach it.

Any suggestions or advice?

Matt
03-09-2012, 12:20 AM
If you pull off the big black foaming piece on the end of the foam gun, this goes on there. I have never found a use for it myself, but I assume it is used when covering a wide area with cleaning solution, say cleaning a concrete floor in a factory or such.

habeba86
03-09-2012, 12:26 AM
If you pull off the big black foaming piece on the end of the foam gun, this goes on there. I have never found a use for it myself, but I assume it is used when covering a wide area with cleaning solution, say cleaning a concrete floor in a factory or such.

This is pretty much wat i was gonna say.:props:

Setec Astronomy
03-09-2012, 08:53 AM
That's the fan-spray attachment that's used for spraying cleaner/disinfectant on the walls of the meat dept. at the supermarket.

Detail_Dude
03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys! I'll either tuck it in a box and forget about it or start looking at supermarkets. Ummmmm maybe not the second one :P