PDA

View Full Version : My 1st detail and my 1st post

Pages : [1] 2

SlavOs
03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
so i started yesterday, did the inside with Poorboy Natural look, work very well to me used about 5oz for the whole inside..

today washed the car with Dawn 2oz with 4.5gals of H2O 2-buckets-2 grit guards ,car has never been that soapy ,looked very clean after drying it.. then i Clay the car " Meguiars Clay kit the new 1 " very easy job thought it would be way harder,looked so nice after buffing it off .. With there MF that came with the kit..

Ill be washing the car again when i get home from work friday when the sun starts going down, to get all the clay stuff off "Meguiars Gold Class" then dry...

Then im gonna start playing with my new DA GG 6" i have five pads 2 white -2 grey -1 blue i ordered 6 more pads from auto geek should i wait to get the wright pads or will i be ok? im putting on Ultimate Compound & No.845 will i be ok or will i need to put a Polish down too?

I

tuscarora dave
03-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the site. You can get some pretty nicely finished results with Ultimate Compound. It really depends on what paint and what color it is. If it's a lighter color you might get away with just the UC but you might see a little hazing after the UC on a dark color paint such as red, dark blue or black.

Sick03stang
03-08-2012, 08:53 PM
so i started yesterday, did the inside with Poorboy Natural look, work very well to me used about 5oz for the whole inside..

today washed the car with Dawn 2oz with 4.5gals of H2O 2-buckets-2 grit guards ,car has never been that soapy ,looked very clean after drying it.. then i Clay the car " Meguiars Clay kit the new 1 " very easy job thought it would be way harder,looked so nice after buffing it off .. With there MF that came with the kit..

Ill be washing the car again when i get home from work friday when the sun starts going down, to get all the clay stuff off "Meguiars Gold Class" then dry...

Then im gonna start playing with my new DA GG 6" i have five pads 2 white -2 grey -1 blue i ordered 6 more pads from auto geek should i wait to get the wright pads or will i be ok? im putting on Ultimate Compound & No.845 will i be ok or will i need to put a Polish down too?

I

You should be fine if you use the white pads & UC.(Im assuming thats your car shown in your avatar.)

SlavOs
03-08-2012, 08:58 PM
^^^ yep that it.. so i be ok just using the white pads for the "UC " then the grey and blue for the No.845 ? sry so new to this today was the first time i ve Clayed a car or anything couldn't believe how easy it was..

Klasse Act
03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Welcome to the forum, now where's the pics?

Sick03stang
03-08-2012, 09:10 PM
^^^ yep that it.. so i be ok just using the white pads for the "UC " then the grey and blue for the No.845 ? sry so new to this today was the first time i ve Clayed a car or anything couldn't believe how easy it was..

yup,use the white pad with UC & then use the grey pad with the 845 and you shuld be fine,now if you would have had a darker car like Dave said you would have to polish afterwards.

SlavOs
03-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the forum, now where's the pics?

i cant post pics to i get it done..lol i have F up the paint so bad not knowing what i was doing but my car is the cleanest in my area just i know now after watching videos here i f up so happy i found this site..pics coming tho give me to Saturday :)

and thanks for all the quick help

SlavOs
03-08-2012, 09:49 PM
here is a pics form 1 week ago and last summer

mjlinane
03-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Welcome to AGO!

Danube
03-09-2012, 01:39 AM
:welcome:

SlavOs
03-14-2012, 08:00 PM
ok i got done today... how i do?

Thanks for the advise E1 -- don't know why the pics come up so small here?

Klasse Act
03-14-2012, 08:04 PM
That silver is poppin':dblthumb2: You've got it modded nice too, everything seems to go together, well done!

BobbyG
03-14-2012, 08:04 PM
ok i got done today... how i do?
Thanks for the advise E1 -- don't know why the pics come up so small here?

I think you done good.....In fact, I think you did a spectacular job!! How do you think you did?

Klasse Act
03-14-2012, 08:17 PM
BTW, those Accord coupes are really good lookin' cars, under appreciated IMO, has a "Germanic" look in silver for sure, also like it in that blue color, stunning after a detail I bet!!

SlavOs
03-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I think you done good.....In fact, I think you did a spectacular job!! How do you think you did?

I think the Random Orbital DA i have did the work.. i tried my hardest to do it like Mr. Griot did in his Instruction DVD .. And the product i had was very easy to work with... it really wasn't that hard the hardest part was trying to do the work in my little garage. ?? I just got a new truck but it will not fit in my Garage im about to start to detail it as well the paint feels really bad.. so are there products i can use in the sun light??