PDA

View Full Version : Race deck flooring

Mike lambert
03-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Does anyone have this product? Or something similar.
I have tile on my shop floor and have had no problems for 6 years. But between my back and my knees I need something more comfortable to work on. Bear in mind I work seven days a week and it is just becoming mor and more difficult
Thanks
Mike

Nick McKees37
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM
We actually have the RaceDeck flooring in our Show Car Garage. It's a huge improvement over the flooring we used to have and maintenance is a breeze.

Best part? RaceDeck flooring is made in the USA. :dblthumb2:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/824/NewStudioLayout01.jpg

When Mike Phillips is feeling extra ambitious, he even waxes it with Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax. :righton:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1325/CleaningStudio008.jpg

Mike Phillips
03-09-2012, 11:50 AM
When Mike Phillips is feeling extra ambitious, he even waxes it with Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax.

Nick,

I can show you how to be extra ambitious with Pinnacle XMT 360 and the Racedeck Tiles anytime you want...

:D

Porsche Pilot
03-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I love my RaceDeck flooring and also love that it's made in the U.S.A. I dont stand on mine all day so I cant vouch for how comfortable it would be compared to ceramic tile. It does have some flex to it so I imagine it would be nicer to stand on all day. It is a fairly care free product and mine has resisted a number of petroleum based spills quite easily.

I highly recommed RaceDeck for looks, customization and quality. If I was on it all day I would most definitely invest in a nice industrial rubber mat to stand on while working. They make a huge difference as well.

Marc08EX
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Nick,

I can show you how to be extra ambitious with Pinnacle XMT 360 and the Racedeck Tiles anytime you want...

Sorry offtopic but that's just HILARIOUS!!! ROFL!!!

kronos
03-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Nick,

Sorry offtopic but that's just HILARIOUS!!! ROFL!!!

:iagree: Better watch out Nick! Mike is coming for you! :laughing:

Nick McKees37
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Nick,

I'd hate to do a better job than you, so I'll let you have the title of RaceDeck professional floor detailer. :dblthumb2:

On a side note, the floor still looks great!

DaytonaJae
04-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi guys, sorry I'm late to this thread, but does anyone know how a garage with racedeck installed (edge to edge) will handle lots of water from doing, say, rinsing off a car indoors while on the installed tiles?

Can the water penetrate between the tiles at the seam? If so, does water have any place to drain out if the edging tiles are installed? I am considering this for my garage but would not like to have trapped water under the tiles that can't dry out themselves for mold issues.

Mike Phillips
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Can the water penetrate between the tiles at the seam?

Yes.

If so, does water have any place to drain out if the edging tiles are installed?

Only if you have a sloped floor so gravity can go to work for you...

I am considering this for my garage but would not like to have trapped water under the tiles that can't dry out themselves for mold issues.

We get water on the floor occasionally and then occasionally move the tile floor and I've never seen any damage, mold or other issues that a broom or a wipe with a wet rag couldn't fix.

Just to note, the floors in our studio are polished concrete so they are quite smooth unlike un-polished concrete. (Max's idea)

:xyxthumbs: