PDA

View Full Version : LC Green vs White

Pages : [1] 2

Detail_Dude
03-08-2012, 09:14 AM
After looking at various comparison charts *and* reading AGO posts, I am still unclear as to which pads have (slightly?) more cut....LC Green or LC White.

Anybody know for sure?

szjalo
03-08-2012, 10:13 AM
White IMO

jekyl05
03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
White IMO
:iagree: green is a go to for your AIO's, but white is as well.

sscully
03-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Lake Country shows the green pad as slightly more aggressive than the white pad.

http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/applicationguide/lakecountry-pad-application-guide.pdf

The application selector URL shows Green Heavy Polishing Pad for Very fine scratches.

Buffing & Polishing Application Guide | Lake Country Manufacturing (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/applicationguide/index.cfm)

This depends on what product you are putting on the pad.

If you are using something like PB ProPolish, the green pad will work the surface more than a white pad.
If you are using PB SSR2.5, you can use either green or white, depending on the defect being removed. If you are using SSR1 or SSR2, the recommendation from PB's is that you only use a black or red pad with this ( to get the finish ready for glaze or LSP ). Comes down to what the product manufacture recommendation is.

I have 2 LC VC 7.5" & 2 LC CCS 6.5' green pads just in case, but I do not use them too often. I did find out that the 7.5" VC pad is much better than the CCS pad. The more I use the CCS pads, the more I do not care for them.
I'd rather work a white pad and product a bit longer, as it makes going to the next step easier with the products I am using. If go with a green, that makes working the surface with a black pad a bit longer in my book.

Detail_Dude
03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys! I knew about the first chart, but not the second. So, green has just a bit more cut than white and is a good choice for AIO application. Referring to products I currently have, using Green with my Menzerna Power Finish and White with Super Finish may be a good bet.

Would you experts agree?

RPPM
03-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Actually, there are two different green CCS pads from LC. I believe the Green CCS LC pad AG sells is softer than the white pad. Other online vendors offer a Green CCS LC pad that is heavier than the white pad.

Detail_Dude
03-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Actually, there are two different green CCS pads from LC. I believe the Green CCS LC pad AG sells is softer than the white pad. Other online vendors offer a Green CCS LC pad that is heavier than the white pad.
I have to be honest and say I got the pads from another vendor - before I learned of AG, of course, so think my green is the harder one.

Tx for the tip.

The Pad Man
03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
We do offer 2 greens. A soft and a coarse. The coarse is more aggressive than the white, and the soft is less aggressive.

sscully
03-09-2012, 12:07 AM
We do offer 2 greens. A soft and a coarse. The coarse is more aggressive than the white, and the soft is less aggressive.

Is there a way to ID which is which ?
- I have the CCS constant pressure pads, and they are not that impressive to me so i would guess they are the softer ones
- They are from Classic motoring accessories / Proper Auto Care back 2+ years ago ( screened with their logo on the back ).
Part number on the back looks like CCS-65GRN.
Maybe I should not try to recall if these were real LC pads ( I seem to recall they were, way back I went 100% LC on foam pads ).

The 7.5" LC VC pads I have feel coarse compared to the White 7.5" LC VC pads I have.
These will do some work on paint.
I don't think I would use this for an AIO ( unless they are the softer ones )
I break out the 7.5" LC VC pads when I need to do some serious work, just shy of orange, with PB ProPolish. I follow up with either direct to a black pad or I might stop at white, depending on how the clear coat reacts.

IID
03-09-2012, 12:24 AM

:whs:

szjalo
03-09-2012, 02:37 AM
That's why I am a big fan of Hydrotech pads, three pads, no more bother..

VW 91
03-09-2012, 03:40 AM
I have to be honest and say I got the pads from another vendor - before I learned of AG, of course, so think my green is the harder one.

Tx for the tip.

LOL you make it sound like ordering from another vendor is wrong

Detail_Dude
03-09-2012, 09:54 AM
LOL you make it sound like ordering from another vendor is wrong

:) Just supporting the team.

I have actually ordered detailing stuff from a variety of vendors, and wil in the future. Big fan of choices and feel there is nothing wrong with that.

BlackRam
04-11-2014, 01:55 PM
The Lake Country CSS Pads- White has more cut than the gren

Lakeside Detail
04-11-2014, 02:57 PM
I bought some green LC CCS pads from CG and they are definitely more aggressive than the whites I have. But there are two different greens like already stated