PDA

View Full Version : Need help with pad selection for my PC...

slammin86
03-07-2012, 07:07 PM
The last of my sonus pads are almost used up and I am looking to replace them with some from the autogeek store. At this time I am only needing 5.5" pads. I was looking at the lake county ones but there are so many colors I am confused about which ones would work best for me.

I have menzerna PO83Q, PO85RD and PO106FA polishes. I am only maintaining mine (black) and my wife's (red) car and neither has any major swirling. I always hand wash and blot dry to keep them to a minimum.

Can someone give me some suggestions on what pads would best suit me?

rider9195
03-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Since you have no need for any major correction, I would get 3 white, 3 black and 3 blue pads. I would stick with flat pads. Easy to clean and don't hold so much polish compared to the CCS. The white would allow you to eliminated medium to light swirls and sometimes you can use the black pad for light polishing as well. So least aggressive method first of course.

slammin86
03-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Since you have no need for any major correction, I would get 3 white, 3 black and 3 blue pads. I would stick with flat pads. Easy to clean and don't hold so much polish compared to the CCS. The white would allow you to eliminated medium to light swirls and sometimes you can use the black pad for light polishing as well. So least aggressive method first of course.

Thank you. I will look at those three.