PDA

View Full Version : Megs #7 show car glaze

Pages : [1] 2

Whitethunder46
03-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Picked up a bottle of this today. I heard it has pretty good hiding capabilities. Is this true?? Anyone with experience with it? Apply by hand or PC? On the bottle it only says things about applying by hand, so I think I'll try that first.

After I wash the car tomorrow, I'm going to give #7 a try. Then follow this with either:

1. Souveran Paste
2. PB's Natty Blue
3. DP's Max Wax

Which wax??

BTW, for those who don't know, the car is white and has about 2 week old DG105 on it right now.

orngez
03-08-2007, 10:13 PM
natty blue you should save for darker colored cars...i believe #7 is a hand glaze...they have a different one for machine glaze...i could be wrong...just from what i recall...never really been a megs user...

Whitethunder46
03-08-2007, 10:16 PM
natty blue you should save for darker colored cars...i believe #7 is a hand glaze...they have a different one for machine glaze...i could be wrong...just from what i recall...never really been a megs user...

I like the look Natty's blue gives. It's not just for dark colored cars, it seems to give a slightly darker look thought to lighter colors.

orngez
03-08-2007, 10:22 PM
you are right on natty blue giving a darker look to lighter colors but most customers who have light cars want to walk out and see their color "pop"...detailers appreciate the warmth something like natty blue does on lighter colors....it's what i use on my car....but most detailing customers seem to be more impressed when they walk out and get blinded by the light from their car..oh btw #3 or #4 i belive is the machine glaze..i always needed a damn decoder ring for megs stuff...thats why i never really used it.... :)

Whitethunder46
03-08-2007, 10:31 PM
you are right on natty blue giving a darker look to lighter colors but most customers who have light cars want to walk out and see their color "pop"...detailers appreciate the warmth something like natty blue does on lighter colors....it's what i use on my car....but most detailing customers seem to be more impressed when they walk out and get blinded by the light from their car..oh btw #3 or #4 i belive is the machine glaze..i always needed a damn decoder ring for megs stuff...thats why i never really used it.... :)

Haha. Yea, well I'll be doing my own car tomorrow, so I only need to impress myself.

And to be honest, I don't think my customer's ever really notice which wax I use, much less the effect of each.

orngez
03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
now that i do detailing only as a "part time i need extra money to buy more AG stuff and presents for the g/f" i pretty much only detail the cars of other gear heads/car enthusiasts so they are the ones who definitely notice what i do to their cars. they are also the ones willing to pay the premium prices i charge and understand that some of the details are going to take me 4-6 hours to do if not more...some spread over two days if they want me to use a sealant....they notice the difference in what products i use on their cars...the only time i just use off the shelf stuff is when i am doing a simple 30 dollar wash and quick wax for a friend or referral....thats when the megs nxt comes out...easy wipe on wipe off and not too expensive and gives impressive long lasting results

Jimmie
03-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I've got #7 Greg. Haven't used it. The bottle says "Hand or orbital buffer". Let us know how it works. That DG105 is wow on white, huh.
Going to PM you ref: Contractor extension cord; different thread.

Whitethunder46
03-08-2007, 10:52 PM
I've got #7 Greg. Haven't used it. The bottle says "Hand or orbital buffer". Let us know how it works. That DG105 is wow on white, huh.
Going to PM you ref: Contractor extension cord; different thread.

PM replied Jimmie

chu
03-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I use #7 on dark and light cars. An awesome OTC product. I apply with machine, and remove by hand.

joe.p
03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
PM replied JimmieI would apply Megs #7 very thin and use a WOWO method it could be hard to remove if left to sit to long..

justin_murphy
03-08-2007, 11:22 PM
I would do a half and half of the hood with MW and Souv. Then see what YOU think looks best.

#7 is awesome. Lot's of oils. WOWO is the only way to go with it though. Thin is the key too. Apply with a machine if you can.

Whitethunder46
03-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Apply with white or blue edge pad? Can I apply the entire car and then buff off?

ltoman
03-09-2007, 12:01 AM
aha! now i know too. i have some i bought to try. thanks for asking, whitethunder46!

qadsan
03-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Apply with white or blue edge pad? Can I apply the entire car and then buff off?
Yes, you can do the whole car with #7. Either pad is fine, but I typically use the white pad. As Justin said, make sure you put it on thin, otherwise its a mess to get off. Wipe it off as best you can and don't worry about a few streaks here and there as they'll go away when you top it with wax. #7 has a lot of oils in it and it will fill / hide swirls. It's similar to 3M IHG (Imperial Hand Glaze) or other similar products. If you're showing a car, then this is a great product to use just before the show and you can quickly touch it up when needed. It doesn't have a long life and it washes off, but if you lock it down with a wax, then you'll retain some of that wetness for longer. It's also a good product for freshly painted surfaces.

Nica
03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Very informative post, thank you guys for sharing.

I was wondering though, where could someone go to try and de-code Meg's products. I mean all the numbers they use is there a site or a sheet one can see and try to make sense of all there numbering...just wondering.