PDA

View Full Version : Question for Foam Cannon Users

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
03-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Whats up everyone,

Ive been using my foam cannon for a couple months now, love the thing, just seems to get everything so much cleaner than an ONR or even a regular 2 bucket wash...but ive got a question...

When i FIRST got my FC, i was using very little wash solution per vehicle...i could lay it on nice and thick...the foam was great...and only use maybe....1/5 or 1/6 of the bottle.

Well after my second or third re-fill of the bottle...still mixing the exact same as usual (usually 2-3 oz of soap and the rest water), i went to use it...and it wasn't siphoning. It was just spraying straight water...i tried adjusting the knob on the top but even on full force, nothing was coming out.

Took the bottle off next...and it looked like the siphon tube had slipped off the nipple at the top some...and that made the bottom end of the tube push against the bottle...thus blocking it from siphoning up the wash water....so i fixed that...and then it worked fine. Thing is, it seems to be working TOO good now...as it sucks the hell out of the wash solution now, and i seem to be only getting about 3 washes out of a bottle of solution...and if i change the knob up top to lessen the amount of solution coming through, but then it makes the foam too watery...and its more like soapy water than foam.

So i was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why this has happened or how to fix it id sure appreciate it. When i watch youtube vid's of people using the foam cannon, i see them use a WHOLE BUNCH of foam but use very little solution....so thats why i think something is a little off here...

thanks all

ALLN1WASH
03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Man, I'm getting about the same out of mine. 3-4 cars per bottle...

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
03-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Man, I'm getting about the same out of mine. 3-4 cars per bottle...

Yeah, i mean dont get me wrong thats still REAL good compared to getting one wash from 2-3 oz of soap im getting 3-4...but have you watched the youtube vids? I watch these guys and they're just laying the foam on super slow and thick and the bottle barely drops in level...

I mean like this vid...its not the same bottle but still look at the level...it stays super high

feslope
03-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Whats up everyone,

So i was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why this has happened or how to fix it id sure appreciate it. When i watch youtube vid's of people using the foam cannon, i see them use a WHOLE BUNCH of foam but use very little solution....so thats why i think something is a little off here...

thanks allSounds like a change in the softness of your water. If you have a water softener, recharge it. The softness of city water is subject to variation.

I typically get 2 washes per bottle containing 3oz of concentrate.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I get 2.5 foam coverages per bottle fill up but I lay my foam down so thick you can tell the color of a black vehicle - your usage sounds about right to me

Kristopher1129
03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Same here. I get roughly 3 washes at the most. Depends on the vehicles obviously.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
03-07-2012, 10:59 AM
I get 2.5 foam coverages per bottle fill up but I lay my foam down so thick you can tell the color of a black vehicle - your usage sounds about right to me

Same here. I get roughly 3 washes at the most. Depends on the vehicles obviously.

Hey guys,

ok was just checking..i wonder why my first two bottles used so much less....weird. I do the same though as far as laying it down quite thick....i like turning the car white lol:dblthumb2:

alko
03-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Man I can't wait to get my MTM Hydro lance!!!! The HD lance works ok...but it just made me want to get a better one.

Jaddie
03-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Dear Will & Friends

I haven't noticed the shampoo consumption on the YouTube videos of the foam lance.

I have the MTM Hydro foam lance attached to the Cleanforce 1800psi/1.6gpm washer, and I use two ounces of Optimum Car Wash or Detailer's Pro Series Xtreme Foam Formula in the one-liter bottle. I could stretch it out to three typical vehicles. I'm still a little unsure about the air valve, though. I believe I'm using it at nearly fully open.

oldmodman
03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
With mine I put in an Oz. of soap and fill it the rest of the way with water. My cannon has a shorter bottle than the ones I see in your pics so less soap is needed for the same concentration.
And I get one wash out of it. I have my pressure washer adjusted to 900 psi and get incredibly thick suds. They will dwell on the paint for at least five minutes before you can see the paint color through them.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Man I can't wait to get my MTM Hydro lance!!!! The HD lance works ok...but it just made me want to get a better one.

Yeah i dont even look at the HD one i have anymore. It was good for when i had a couple RV's to do and didn't have the foam cannon....but now w/the foam cannon its like night and day compared to teh HD one. I DID use the HD one a couple weeks ago for the first time in forever cause we did an RV and needed our gas PW for the extra 50'...and since my connector for the foam cannon wont fit the gas one, i just used the HD....but i swear it seemed so weak after using the foam cannon for the last few months

Dear Will & Friends

I haven't noticed the shampoo consumption on the YouTube videos of the foam lance.

I have the MTM Hydro foam lance attached to the Cleanforce 1800psi/1.6gpm washer, and I use two ounces of Optimum Car Wash or Detailer's Pro Series Xtreme Foam Formula in the one-liter bottle. I could stretch it out to three typical vehicles. I'm still a little unsure about the air valve, though. I believe I'm using it at nearly fully open.

I know i use mine full open...anything less and its too watery for my liking :)

With mine I put in an Oz. of soap and fill it the rest of the way with water. My cannon has a shorter bottle than the ones I see in your pics so less soap is needed for the same concentration.
And I get one wash out of it. I have my pressure washer adjusted to 900 psi and get incredibly thick suds. They will dwell on the paint for at least five minutes before you can see the paint color through them.

If i used the whole bottle, i think it would be able to dwell about that long without seeing paint...i usually get about 1-2 minutes of it laying pretty thick on there as long as its not too hot outside. I just dread the hot months out here in Az because i worry the foam will dry too quickly before i can wash the whole vehicle and rinse.