PDA

View Full Version : Backing Plate

apotelyt
05-10-2006, 02:20 PM
hi guys,

i'm new to this forum...i'm from Malaysia..and very keen in detailing my wheels.

Got a bosch circular polisher and it has a M14 thread size. Would like to know if the Flexble backing plates sold at autogeek.net will work with my polisher..since it states it requires 5/8in thread size.

Anyone knows if a M14 thread size is equivalent to 5/8in??

TIA..!

ScottB
05-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Assuming M14 = 14MM (and this is where I am truly guessing)

Length Area Volume
Metric unit to U.S. unit
1 mm = 0.03937 inches

M14 = .5518
5/8 inch = .625

it seems like it would be a little larger, but trying to remember the basic principles in the equation.

apotelyt
05-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Assuming M14 = 14MM (and this is where I am truly guessing)

Length Area Volume
Metric unit to U.S. unit
1 mm = 0.03937 inches

M14 = .5518
5/8 inch = .625

it seems like it would be a little larger, but trying to remember the basic principles in the equation.

thanks...That's what i got approx when i measured the thread..it was about 0.55in. Another question, how is the 7in backing plate fitted to the polisher? Does the backing plate have a 5/8in thread which screws on to the polisher or they are just slipped through and then bolted on with a bolt to be held in place. The plate that comes with the bosch is slipped on and then bolted on with a bolt.

If they are just slipped on and bolted on with the bolt, then i would have no problems fitting it onto the bosch...the problems we got to face since there's two types of measurements being used in the world..!!