PDA

View Full Version : Sick, Tired, and Sore - what is your product of choice?!?!?!?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bates Detailing
03-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Alright guys - I know many of you must be into all that fancy workout supplement stuff.... with that said, what would you recommend for an individual that details ALL day long and has no time for 3 to 5 meals a day?!?!? I need some energy, GOOD calories, and vitamins AIO - is that possible?!?!?

This is odd, but I went from 165 lbs to 250lbs since starting the company almost 2 years ago - that can't be healthy! So I need to trim down (for myself and for my lady) but need your advice. Still strong as an ox, but cardio is non existent, and too tired from these 15 hour days to do cardio..... ANY IDEAS?!?!?!

jpegs13
03-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Keep a cooler with you and a few protein shakes. They'll provide you with the calories and energy you need without the bad stuff.

Mobile detail
03-06-2012, 02:44 AM
When's the last time you had a physical bro? That's a huge weight gain especially if your detailing which is strenuous but not a work out.

Bates Detailing
03-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Keep a cooler with you and a few protein shakes. They'll provide you with the calories and energy you need without the bad stuff.

Good idea - thanx man

When's the last time you had a physical bro? That's a huge weight gain especially if your detailing which is strenuous but not a work out.

The only reason I was 165 was because I was training MMA everyday.... riding a bike 5 miles to the gym, training 2 to 3 hours, then riding 5 miles back. My cardio was ridiculous for sure. I had VERY little fat on me. Last physical was about 10 years ago - It is a HUGE gain, but I can say that my average weight is around 185 (even when running cross country, track, and playing basketball in HS). 250 is ridiculous, but Im ready to drop this load - makes interiors a pain in the *** with a belly in my way lol!

Mobile detail
03-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Haha ya I can agree with that, size dies affect your ability to get in cars a detail. I would rec a check up bro. Might be a reason your gaining and all the protein shakes and vitamins ain't going to do nothing.i know my mom was super active and in great shape and gained the same amount as you had. She tried dieting and everything and couldn't shake the weight. Turns out her thyroid was off the charts. Better safe then sorry, plus I'm sure your wife would be pissed if you dropped dead. Hell, I know I would miss ya along with a Lot of people on here buddy!

Bates Detailing
03-06-2012, 03:30 AM
Haha ya I can agree with that, size dies affect your ability to get in cars a detail. I would rec a check up bro. Might be a reason your gaining and all the protein shakes and vitamins ain't going to do nothing.i know my mom was super active and in great shape and gained the same amount as you had. She tried dieting and everything and couldn't shake the weight. Turns out her thyroid was off the charts. Better safe then sorry, plus I'm sure your wife would be pissed if you dropped dead. Hell, I know I would miss ya along with a Lot of people on here buddy!

LOL - Dropping dead is the last thing I would do (no pun intended lol) - I have 5 kids that need me! BUT, I do want to stick around longer for them and teach them the ins and outs of life! Huge weight gain and all, but I can lose it as quickly as I gained it - I hope lol

DP200248721
03-06-2012, 03:38 AM
look into the movie called, "Fat, Sick , and nearly Dead" guy does a juicing fast for 1 or 2 months and drops weight and is crazy healthy afterwards, takes a lot of dedication tho. Just an idea

WRAPT C5Z06
03-06-2012, 03:44 AM
look into the movie called, "Fat, Sick , and nearly Dead" guy does a juicing fast for 1 or 2 months and drops weight and is crazy healthy afterwards, takes a lot of dedication tho. Just an idea
I tried it. It was VERY, VERY hard!

tuscarora dave
03-06-2012, 06:26 AM
I was working a full time job then doing details in the evenings during the week, then doing crazy marathon details on the weekends. I'd work all day long with very little to eat and then when I got home I'd eat dinner and a desert. Not by choice but just because I was so tired from the long work day I'd pretty much fall asleep right after dinner. The pounds accumulated faster than I could believe. I hit 300 pounds while doing all that work, it was crazy. You want to talk about feeling bad, man I felt terrible. That was pretty much what was behind my shutting down the mobile business this past fall/winter.

I recently started buying El Monterey Burritos just because they are cheap at $3 for eight burritos. I eat one at morning break, 2 at lunch and one after my day job is over for the day before getting into my other chores for the evening. I have replaced potato chips with grapes and been buying and eating bananas as a snack after all the day's work is over. I've been doing this for about a month now and have lost 10 pounds already and feel much better.

ProMoDe
03-06-2012, 07:48 AM
I tried it. It was VERY, VERY hard!

Great documentary. Looked tough!! Do you still juice?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Vegas Transplant
03-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Turns out her thyroid was off the charts. Better safe then sorry

+1
Simple blood test.

Jacob Perry
03-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Dolcediet.com

Im using this for my weight cut right now and i feel great.

eaglefan
03-06-2012, 08:20 AM
If you like pears, they are a little trick I learned from my nutrition professor. All fruit has a chemical in it that gives you a full feeling, reason why most people could eat 6 doughnuts but couldnt eat 5 apples. However, pears have more of this chemical than any other fruit. WHen you are hungry eat a pear it will full you up. Protein shakes are great to, especially when mixed with a lot of water

ShaunD
03-06-2012, 08:21 AM
When not eating at least three meals a day your body goes into fat storage mode because it doesn't know when it is going to be fed next. You need to look at what you are eating and how many calories you are consuming in a day. To maintain 185lbs you don't need more than about 1800 calories a day. The problem with food supplements is that they can contain a lot of calories and are meant to supplement your regular meals, not replace them. There are meal replacement shakes and bars that can cover your calories and nutrients, but you still need to watch the calories or you will just end up taking in more than you need and not lose any weight. Diet and exercise are the two key thing as you should know from MMA training. You can loose weight with diet alone. However, you will not increase your cardiovascular strength with diet alone. It take as little as 15-30 minutes a day to get the exercise you need to be healthy. Ten years is a long time to not have a physical done. If anyone in your family has had medical issues around the age you are now, I would have a checkup/physical ASAP. Anytime you change your drastically change your physical activity or diet you should consult a physician. And with that large of a weight gain I would assume your body is under more stress than it has ever been.
One of the first things I would look at is staying hydrated and making sure that you at least eat a 300 calorie breakfast everyday. NO offense Anthony, but if you have gained that much weight you obviously have been eating. It's a matter of looking at the calories in the food you're eating and adjusting that to what you actually need to achieve, then maintain, the weight you want to be at. I just met some people through networking that use and sell a food/nutrient replacement product that ha reports of helping people with medical issues. So I will contact you as soon as I have more info on the product.

Tundra_10
03-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Having been working out now for over 12 years and trying just about every supplement on the market, some not, I can confidently tell you there is no replacement for real food. Everything we buy is considered a dietary supplement, that means its not regulated by the food and drug administration (FDA) and therefore means any numerical nutrition facts are worthless and the company can post and put on whatever they like.

With that being said, someone mentioned the movie "Fat, sick, and dying" that is a good movie and seems to have a lot of good information in it. If you cannot go to the extent of making fruit smoothies, at least eat plenty of them, and veggies. Bananas and carrots are excellent for you and can be a very quick snack while working, celery because it is rumored to actually burn more calories then what you are taking in because it has such a high-water %. A good rule of thumb, the darker the vegetable is, the better it is for you. The lighter colored fruit and vegetable are actually higher in natural sugar and is not quiet as healthy for you, believe it or not. I would grab some granola bars (or loose granola if you prefer that), you will get good fiber and some mixes have berries and nuts in them as well. Speaking of nuts, the best source of natural, non-animal protein you can get. Eat them, love them, however you want baked if you can find them, also plain. All your veggies and fruits should be raw, never cooked and if avoidable not steamed. Being as you are busy and need something in a hurry, I doubt that will be an issue.

Many people have a belief that when we are told we need to have 5-6 meals a day that that means full meals, it does not. What that means is you should be eating that many times a day. If you split up what we should be eating (basing off 2000/calorie per day diet), thats 400 calories per 5-per-day meal. Not a whole lot. Also another thing to consider, 80% of the time when we feel we are hungry we are actually dehydrated. Make sure to drink plenty of water,no soda, no sports drinks, just water. We need 8-10 glasses (16oz) of water a day, do the math and for a given normal day you are drinking a gallon a day, up it if you are working outside, sweating or in a hot environment. Consider taking a multivitamin as well, there is no such thing as Dr in a bottle or some magic potion, but the nutrients you get (be it miniscule, will still be better then having a greater deficiency).