PDA

View Full Version : cloudy headlight lens

spitshine1
03-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi Everyone. I need help.
I have a car that has some cloudynes on the headlights.
I have already done the the restoration kit process, its helped but, It looks like i need to do some sanding on it. I was able to get the yellow discoloration out now the color is white. How do i go about doing this?
Do i do it by hand or rotary or Da.
Any directions would be most helpful.
what grit should i get to start out with and do i need some sort of lubricant for the plastic?
Thanks.

Shane731
03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Give this kit a try:

Meguiars Heavy Duty Two Step Headlight Restoration Kit, Meguiars G3000, headlight polishing kit, severe headlight polishing kit, how to polish (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hd-headlight-kit.html)

Very easy to use, and instructions are included. I know Advance Auto sells it, but you can probably find it locally.

5.4 Shelby
03-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Give this kit a try:

Meguiars Heavy Duty Two Step Headlight Restoration Kit, Meguiars G3000, headlight polishing kit, severe headlight polishing kit, how to polish (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hd-headlight-kit.html)

Very easy to use, and instructions are included. I know Advance Auto sells it, but you can probably find it locally.
I used that kit last fall on a neighbors lights. It was easy to use and came out great. I used my Griots 3 inch polisher with the sanding discs that were included in the kit. IT does come with a hand sanding handle if you dont have a 3 inch DA.

Edse30
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I bought the Diamondite plastic headlight kit and it works wonders for me. -10 min with my drill and they're back to new.

ProMoDe
03-06-2012, 11:02 AM
I bought the Diamondite plastic headlight kit and it works wonders for me. -10 min with my drill and they're back to new.

I agree.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

shrtbull
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM

Glad to hear!! Just bought some.