PDA

View Full Version : Newbie polishes

Widetrack
03-05-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a PC and try some paint correction on my black 1986 Nissan 300ZX. I think I have a good idea on pad assortment etc..., but I'm still unsure of which polishes to go with (keeping in mind this will be my first attempt). The victim has some moderate swirls, minor scratches, and some self-inflicted marring from being clayed, which makes me think I'm dealing with a somewhat soft paint.

Which combination of polishes should get me in the ballpark and fit in the user friendly category?

Porsche Pilot
03-05-2012, 09:06 AM
With the PC, I think you would be more than happy with the Wolfgang twins. They are very user friendly and create exceptional results.

sal329
03-05-2012, 09:29 AM
There are a lot if options. Meg microfiber pads with D300, optimum mf pads and optimum polishes, traditional 5.5" flat foam pads Prima Swirl, menzerna SIP

swanicyouth
03-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Wolfgang twins. The TSR IS great and will give you 90% of your results. I was in the same boat as you recently and got great results with them and an old PC. Some advice, if your new, don't be afraid to use pressure and speed with the PC. You won't mess up your paint. I had several failed attempts to get good result with a PC, my problem was a was running too slow with too little pressure. This machine makes a lot of noise, but IMHO it's mild. But with some time, you can get great results.