PDA

View Full Version : Order Im gonna Place This week..Need some Advice

Pages : [1] 2

Sai venkatesh
03-05-2012, 12:16 AM
After Couple of Research, after thinking over again and Again..

here is List I have Decided(Products )to Use in Detailing...

All i need is Any suggestions and im i Missing out something?Feed back pleaseFeed back please

And the Products are :-

Optimum Hyper Spray Compound (OHC)
Optimum Hyper Spray Polish (OHP)
Optimum Leather Protectant Plus (OLP)
Optimum Car Wax (OCW) (Spray on type)
Optimum Opti-Seal (OOS)
Optimum Power Clean (OPC)
Optimum Opti-Clean (OOC)
Optimum Metal Polish 8oz
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel 8 oz.
Optimum GPS - Glaze Polish Sealant(For special cars,And Vintage)
Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

:autowash::thankyousign:

Regards
Venkatesh

Bates Detailing
03-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Optimum has a leather cleaner and conditioner - maybe keep the order unified - they should send you a free Optimum banner!

Looks good to me man :dblthumb2:

Sai venkatesh
03-05-2012, 12:19 AM
An Im Extremly sorry for My Grammar

tw33k2514
03-05-2012, 12:26 AM
You have a great list of products. But I do not understand why GPS is for special and vintage cars.

Special cars to me would get a complete 2-3 step, and a high end wax or sealant.

Just trying to make sure you understand that GPS is an AIO, and is a master of nothing. Great for daily drivers and fast jobs.

Sai venkatesh
03-05-2012, 12:30 AM
:dblthumb2:Thank you so Much Sir, And any idea or suggestion regarding Opti-seal?? It may Seem easy to Apply and a great Product But what i found after going thru some forms and post that the possibility of Coat damages are there(if the car have exposed bad conditions or even if we Applied in Wrong method ).. Im afraid to add it not.

Once again thank you so much

Sai venkatesh
03-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Twi33k2514

Thank you sir :), well As i have been thru Mike's How to videos and Some reading about Glaze.. What i Have Seen is It "Restores a dazzling, deep, wet shine " So Basically I Have a Huge Heart for Vintages.. So Glaze may Extra Shine the car...

Thanks for replying :)

Blackthorn One
03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
:dblthumb2:Thank you so Much Sir, And any idea or suggestion regarding Opti-seal?? It may Seem easy to Apply and a great Product But what i found after going thru some forms and post that the possibility of Coat damages are there(if the car have exposed bad conditions or even if we Applied in Wrong method ).. Im afraid to add it not.

You say you have found forums and posts which talk about Opti Seal damaging paint? I have not heard of this. I like opti seal for protecting emblems and the area surrounding them because they don't leave a chalky difficult to remove residue behind in the crevices of the emblem which can happen with wax.

Kaban
03-05-2012, 10:11 PM
why not try out a variation of different brands of products? Seems like you're really limiting yourself by ordering primarily from one brand. I love Optimum products, but you need to give other companies a try too and see which one you like best.

crxman2010
03-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Closes I could think of that would be Opti-Coat 2.0, that if applied wrong will look badly but it won't cause any damage. You will just have to re-polish that panel and apply again. Though, I definitely like it. I have opti-coated many things with no more instruction then you will find in this forum, and everything has turned out well. PM me if you want the link for me opti-coating my car, tried to give as much detail/thoughts as possible. With my first order on here, I ordered Opti-Seal, 2nd order I picked up some Opti-Coat. I have used Opti-Seal once on a front fairing for a buddy on his bike, while waiting for the 2nd order to arrive ;).

OLP and Meguiars Rich Leather is kinda doubling up on one thing.

I don't see any pads, unless you already have some I might suggest adding the Optimum MF pads to the list (polish and cutting). And then maybe have some LC White (light cut) pads on hand in case the MF isn't finishing out well and also some LC flat gray for final polish (if you go that route).

I haven't used Hyper Polish yet, but if your going to be working on some fancy stuff I would probably toss in some Optimum Polish II (in case the paint isn't finishing down well with Hyper Polish) and maybe some Final Polish for that extra shine.

I would go for a slightly bigger container of Opti-Bond, for twice as much you get 4 times more...so this is not a bad deal even is money is tight.

GPS could be good to have around for a one step on a daily drive or where the paint could be thin, otherwise I would look to the polishes to do more of a correction then seal with something better.

Nothing wrong with grabbing a line of products to start with, makes it easier to cover all your basis, and then you can rotate samples of other products in to see if you like them better then what you are working with.

SATMAN40
03-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Sale at DF so wait a bit..and save a bundle. 19 more days.

Sai venkatesh
03-06-2012, 11:14 AM
You say you have found forums and posts which talk about Opti Seal damaging paint? I have not heard of this. I like opti seal for protecting emblems and the area surrounding them because they don't leave a chalky difficult to remove residue behind in the crevices of the emblem which can happen with wax.

Well i have seen an Audi TT something it Got Buffer marks kind off thing on clear coat As it was Traveled Long distance..

And thanks For your Opinion sir, It ACTUALLY cleared some questions already before i asked. Thank you so much:dblthumb2:

Sai venkatesh
03-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Closes I could think of that would be Opti-Coat 2.0, that if applied wrong will look badly but it won't cause any damage. You will just have to re-polish that panel and apply again. Though, I definitely like it. I have opti-coated many things with no more instruction then you will find in this forum, and everything has turned out well. PM me if you want the link for me opti-coating my car, tried to give as much detail/thoughts as possible. With my first order on here, I ordered Opti-Seal, 2nd order I picked up some Opti-Coat. I have used Opti-Seal once on a front fairing for a buddy on his bike, while waiting for the 2nd order to arrive ;).

OLP and Meguiars Rich Leather is kinda doubling up on one thing.

I don't see any pads, unless you already have some I might suggest adding the Optimum MF pads to the list (polish and cutting). And then maybe have some LC White (light cut) pads on hand in case the MF isn't finishing out well and also some LC flat gray for final polish (if you go that route).

I haven't used Hyper Polish yet, but if your going to be working on some fancy stuff I would probably toss in some Optimum Polish II (in case the paint isn't finishing down well with Hyper Polish) and maybe some Final Polish for that extra shine.

I would go for a slightly bigger container of Opti-Bond, for twice as much you get 4 times more...so this is not a bad deal even is money is tight.

GPS could be good to have around for a one step on a daily drive or where the paint could be thin, otherwise I would look to the polishes to do more of a correction then seal with something better.

Nothing wrong with grabbing a line of products to start with, makes it easier to cover all your basis, and then you can rotate samples of other products in to see if you like them better then what you are working with.

Yes sir, It was Opti-coat 2.0. So is it fine to Polish or should i compound and polish again?? I would love to have your Links sir, Anything which really helps :):applause::urtheman:

And I dont think i know one step Process is :( ? ?

The Process i know and Planned as Package are :-

Package :1 (Basic Detailing)

*Wash *Clay * Polish * Wax

PackAge:2( For Fair Detailing/Classic Vehicle)

* Wash *Clay * Polish * Glaze * Wax

Package :3 (for Imperfections)

*Wash *Clay* Compound * Polish * Glaze * Wax

Pakage :4 (this is Extreme Process)
*Wash *Clay *Sanding *Compund *Polish *Glaze

It would be great If you kindly Correct me if any mistakes are there and Do let me know What's One step Process about? [if i haven't mentioned ]

You have Given a great Stuff n Info, thank you soo much :) !

Regards Venkatesh:dblthumb2::applause::bowdown::goodjob2:

Sai venkatesh
03-06-2012, 11:30 AM
why not try out a variation of different brands of products? Seems like you're really limiting yourself by ordering primarily from one brand. I love Optimum products, but you need to give other companies a try too and see which one you like best.

Im afraid Sir As im new.. i may Get confused in the Process and screw up.. so as Im Just New bee. what im thinking is let my hand on a Series of Products in Limited and As ill start understanding and knowing about detailing Much more ill start trying the New Products and Methods.. :buffing:

Sai venkatesh
03-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Sale at DF so wait a bit..and save a bundle. 19 more days.

Thats really long :Picture:Feed back please

Blackthorn One
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Well i have seen an Audi TT something it Got Buffer marks kind off thing on clear coat As it was Traveled Long distance..

And thanks For your Opinion sir, It ACTUALLY cleared some questions already before i asked. Thank you so much:dblthumb2:

Yes sir, It was Opti-coat 2.0. So is it fine to Polish or should i compound and polish again?? I would love to have your Links sir, Anything which really helps :):applause::urtheman:

And I dont think i know one step Process is :( ? ?

The Process i know and Planned as Package are :-

Package :1 (Basic Detailing)

*Wash *Clay * Polish * Wax

PackAge:2( For Fair Detailing/Classic Vehicle)

* Wash *Clay * Polish * Glaze * Wax

Package :3 (for Imperfections)

*Wash *Clay* Compound * Polish * Glaze * Wax

Pakage :4 (this is Extreme Process)
*Wash *Clay *Sanding *Compund *Polish *Glaze

It would be great If you kindly Correct me if any mistakes are there and Do let me know What's One step Process about? [if i haven't mentioned ]

You have Given a great Stuff n Info, thank you soo much :) !

Regards Venkatesh:dblthumb2::applause::bowdown::goodjob2:

The only issue have ever seen with Opti Seal is streaking, when it isn't applied evenly. You are welcome. A one step is a polish and a sealant or a wax in one product. Compound is only used for deeper scratches. It isn't needed for swirls, for example. Polish will do for swirls, and there are many coarseness es of polish available. Your method of wax, clay, polish, glaze, and wax is correct, though. Much of the time, glaze is not really needed, and for a lot of people, the extra cost in product and labor isn't worth it for their needs. If it has to be the absolute best, while conserving the most paint thickness, then it is worth it.

You had best get a lot of experience sanding paint that is of the type you will be sanding on other people's cars before you start sanding on other people's cars. Furthermore, sanding factory paint is seldom a good idea, because it is so thin. Better to live with the orange peel on a factory paint job, or prepare to repaint the car, IMO. Very few cars have orange peel free paint, anyway. Rolls Royce and Bentley has it, as well as Aston Martin. Some other makes are orange peel free, but not many.